Hands on 808 #26 the smallest 1080p camera

So the 808 has finally arrived where we wanted it to be for all those years.
decent quality, car auto start, case and mounting options!
I think i will one, even though i don't actually need another camera (since i have lots of specialized ones meanwhile)

Jazzist said:
The idiots don't ship it with the car charger cable (basic camera only auction.. the camera comes only with the USB PC cable).
They also don't have a separate auction for this cable.
Also the car charger cable must to be 1 meter longer because now is too short for car usage. Fortunately, we can extend it by cutting and adding another wire.

About the waterproof case, they are offering also an adapter for the #18 camera to be used in the waterproof case.

Until now the camera worked OK for me, without any problem even is very hot when using as dashcam.

The waterproof case can be used for 808 #18 too:

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited by a moderator:
The sourcing for the 808#26 seems to be a bit difficult (at least for me), since most offers are not very clear which accessories are included or the list is really bare minimum, not offering the vast majority of mounting options shown in the few videos we already saw on Youtube.

adorfer said:
The sourcing for the 808#26 seems to be a bit difficult (at least for me), since most offers are not very clear which accessories are included or the list is really bare minimum, not offering the vast majority of mounting options shown in the few videos we already saw on Youtube.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Full-HD10 ... 3f25d3c8ea

Re: AW: Hands on 808 #26 the smallest 1080p camera

adorfer said:
So the 808 has finally arrived where we wanted it to be for all those years.
decent quality, car auto start, case and mounting options!
I think i will one, even though i don't actually need another camera (since i have lots of specialized ones meanwhile)
Does the #26 has a wide angle, too? Like Lens D from #16.

And has it still this strange usb port?
Or did they change it to standard mini usb like #16?

Will be wide lens in the future.
The USB connector is the same as #18 so you can use the same cables.

enjoy,
Mtz

I don't understand why they used such a creepy usb type.
No one needs that kind of usb port.
For example my charger pack hasn't a suitable adapter for this.
I must use an extra cable ... for nothing.

I have a Sanyo and a Sony camera which have strange and not standard connectors . I never blamez Sony or Sanyo because of this even I dont like this.

enjoy,
Mtz

Hello people,

where can I order a matching mini USB cable UC-E6 for # 26?

Can someone tell me that?

From any ebay official seller.
Or maybe from hetai.com or joovuu.com.

enjoy,
Myz

I received my #26 today. I am attempting to charge it and the connection between the camera and the supplied cable is not solid. The yellow charging light flickers on and off depending on the position of the cable connection. If it is fully seated normally it won't charge.
Has anyone else experienced this?

Scott

Look at the USB connector from the camera and see if it is not deformed. When trying to insert the male connector into the female connector in the wrong way is possible the metal form of the female connector to be deformed. I suspect the metal is too soft.

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz said:
Look at the USB connector from the camera and see if it is not deformed. When trying to insert the male connector into the female connector in the wrong way is possible the metal form of the female connector to be deformed. I suspect the metal is too soft.

enjoy,
Mtz

The USB connector and the camera port appear to be in perfect condition. No deformities at all. The USB connector seats in the camera port properly (just like my #20 camera).
I only used the USB connector that came with the #26, not the one that came with my #20.
I have contacted the seller and we shall see what happens.
Thank you for your advice.

Scott

I am almost sure the connection is good and this is happening only when I am using the AV cable and latest firmware. For me is not the bad connection, but some strange fw implementation for LED blinking when the AV cable is used.
Check your LED with the USB data cable and USB charger cable and you will see your LED is not blinking in the same way.

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited:
A video including a radar:

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited by a moderator:
Mtz said:
The Led îs blinking to me like an incorrect connection, but the connection is good and this is happening only when I am using the AV cable and latest firmware. For me is not the bad connection, but some strange fw implementation for LED blinking when the AV cable is used.
Checl your LED with the USB data cable and USB charger cable.

enjoy,
Mtz

The connection between the cable and the connector port on the camera is not allowing a solid connection. The camera and computer aren't communicating.
If I push lightly on the cable plug when it is fully seated in the camera I get an intermittant connection which does not last long enough to load the setout tool.
It is definitely a physical problem at this point. The company rep is helping me.

Scott

Well the end result is that I am sending it back and getting a replacement.
I will keep you guys informed of my progress and how it all turns out.
Thank you again for the help.

Scott

I am sure that wasn't any problem with the cable or some connector or connection. In this way is blinking the LED when using the charger cable.

------------------------

Is offtopic, but the underwater recording is here:

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited:
Left mine plugged into my PC to charge the battery using the charging cable. Have the same weird flickering LEDs which do look like a fault. I forgot about it for a few days; it hasn't been used in months and months. Just went to it assuming it would be fully charged and it is burning hot, lucky it hasn't burnt/damaged my desk - luckily it was in an open old glasses case that I was using to store it in a drawer. Guess the battery may have sustained some damage being heated so much for several days. Literally it was too hot to handle. Another quality product from the makers of the other brilliant POS the DR32.. :(

My Lukas camera's video quality isn't quite what it should be I don't think but at least it's stable, everything works reliably and it doesn't get HOT enough to boil water! :)

Since I pulled the cable it has cooled down and does appear to still work (for now).. hmmm, it cannot be fire safe how hot it gets.

Was thinking of using it as a rear camera in my car, not sure I want the interior plastics of the car melting though so will have to think of a new use for it. I guess it may be ok on a bracket where it's hanging in free air and not touching anything.

Last edited:
Back