Hands on Mini 0805 Ambarella A7LA50

My problem is result of a metalized coat on windshield. GPS signal was locked today but gps location does not corespond to real location. It bounce all over the place due to poor signal. I installed GPS signal meter app on my phone and when put the phone against windshield there is a significant signal drop. So I will not be able to use this feature.
Here is a list of cars that have places that work and so may be OK if you fit the camera in the right place: https://www.sunpass.com/specialWindshields

Looks like most manufacturers have stopped using metallised coatings now?

I was able to determine that area with dots behind rear miror does not block GPS signal but if I position my camera there it would record
throughout area that is not cleaned by wipers and in bad weather recored video would be bad as well.

I was able to determine that area with dots behind rear miror does not block GPS signal but if I position my camera there it would record
throughout area that is not cleaned by wipers and in bad weather recored video would be bad as well.
How about fitting some longer wiper blades - it's normal to be able to add at least an inch to the length of the wiper blades and still have them fit and work perfectly below 150mph, of course it depends on the car manufacturer...

That is not the option because wiper blades would hit each other because they are moving in opposite ways.
I will probably just turn off GPS because I actually don't need it.
Thanks for help.

That is not the option because wiper blades would hit each other because they are moving in opposite ways.
I will probably just turn off GPS because I actually don't need it.
Thanks for help.
Make the passenger one shorter and the driver one longer :D

I guess you can record your speed using a gps unit on the rear window.

I seem to be having another issue. I set my units to MPH, and it seems to be showing the correct number, but it still says km/h on my video.

Hi All

I took delivery of what was ment to have been an 0803 but turned out to be an 0805 :):)

I have upgraded to the firmware 20141204_0805_firmware_GPS (added MPH option) in Mtz's post and all seems to be working well, I have not seen any major issues just 1 minor issue the internal memory option is nolonger shown so i guess the firmware is for the 0805 with no internal memory.

I have not seen the issues that CheckYourLights is having currently, I did however on other firmware versions. The original 20141112 showed MPH but the figure was KMH, the second one i tried
20141125_0805_firmware_GPS showed KMH the figure was autually KMH the latest has the option to select and this works on my unit.

i guess the firmware is for the 0805 with no internal memory.
I don't think any of the 0805s are meant to come with internal memory at this point, but I am not positive.

Just received my 0805, can't wait to test it !

Does anyone experience bright light sources slowly (1 hz or so) blinking on night videos? Like headlights, license plates etc?

Like license plate of the car ahead of me at the light turns from readable into white spot and back repeatedly?

Does anyone experience bright light sources slowly (1 hz or so) blinking on night videos? Like headlights, license plates etc?

Like license plate of the car ahead of me at the light turns from readable into white spot and back repeatedly?
Do you have LED headlights? If so you could try changing the frequency setting, might be worth a try anyway...

If it is the whole frame changing brightness then it could be the auto exposure but I've not seen anything like that happening.

If you are using HDR then try not using it...

My headlights are HID, but same effect sometimes visible on oncoming cars headlights as well.

Weird - I bet you have it in HDR mode - try a different mode...

Got that too on my first tests after the sunset. Just a part of the sky without clouds, maybe 30 minutes after the sun is gone, and that part was sometimes flashing. Got also the lights of the car parked in front of me, juste lighted by my lights, and I saw the flashing there too.

What firmware are you guys on? It's not something I've seen here yet. What resolution are you running and what's the anti flicker set to?

What firmware are you guys on? It's not something I've seen here yet. What resolution are you running and what's the anti flicker set to?
I think I have the latest version : 20141204 V1.0. It came with this version.
I was at HDR 1920x180.
Flicker Auto, I think it should be 60 here.
AE Meter Mode : Average
White Balance : auto
EV : 0

I've not got my 0805 with me at the moment (left it on the table at home!!) but I think the meter mode is usually defaulted to centre?

There's nothing obvious that would explain it - I have HID headlights here and have never seen that flashing but I'll check my footage again.

I've not got my 0805 with me at the moment (left it on the table at home!!) but I think the meter mode is usually defaulted to centre?

There's nothing obvious that would explain it - I have HID headlights here and have never seen that flashing but I'll check my footage again.

For Meter Mode, I think you're right. Since I am a photo guy I like this option a lot...but I can give it a try next time. :)

Even that shouldn't cause this though. What spec car is it in?

I tend to just run at 2560x1080 and that's never had this problem at that resolution hat I've noticed - could be worth seeing if you get the problem there. It does look like an HDR / WDR artifact though.

Back