Hands on Mini 0806 Ambarella A7LA50 dash camera

I think your TV have HDMI in. ;-)

enjoy,
Mtz
My TV has a terrestrial TV aerial in at one end and a USB plug on the other and that is it - it looks like a USB memory stick ;)

but can it record at the same time ...

No mate it won't record when the mini HDMI is connected - it can playback files and do a live view but that's it.

I'll raise it with Rayman to see what it's supposed to be used for :) They were on about having a special USB - AV cable and I assume that will do live view and record at the same time but I'll ask about this :)

It's definitely a live output
Oh no not a Digital Black Hole!
Here it is in the rain.
2vjelva.png

2mg8awi.png

I've been reading and watching everything I could find on the 0803, 0805 and now 0806 which impresses me greatly and, unless I have missed it, one glaring question hasn't been asked is why have the manufacturers not opted for a capacitor in the latest model?

From what one member said it will be very difficult for the layman to renew the batteries, or am I missing something here?

Also in the 'Rain Test' clip above there is a lot of reflection on the windscreen, was there a filter fitted to the cam?

Last edited:
I've been reading and watching everything I could find on the 0803, 0805 and now 0806 which impresses me greatly and, unless I have missed it, one glaring question hasn't been asked is why have the manufacturers not opted for a capacitor in the latest model?
I'm sure it was considered, but as jokiin says, the camera is too small for a capacitor to fit. Also, a capacitor wouldn't allow you to take the camera off its mount and use it hand held to record the result of an accident, the battery gives around 10 minutes recording, it also lets you review the recordings handheld. The only reason to use a capacitor is that it gives a maximum temperature 5-10 degrees C higher than a battery, for most people that is not a big difference. The 0803 does have a cooling issue but the 0806 has plenty of vents which keep everything cool and the battery has been moved away from the case surfaces directly heated by the sun.
From what one member said it will be very difficult for the layman to renew the batteries, or am I missing something here?
Replacing the battery is a delicate DIY job, it doesn't just slot into the battery compartment, so yes it's not for the average person but many forum members are quite capable of doing it. The batteries used in mobile phones that are constantly on tend to last the lifetime of the phone, this is the same type of battery, there should be no need to replace it. Not sure what reality will be but so far the battery in my test sample is maintaining capacity better than I had expected.

Also in the 'Rain Test' clip above there is a lot of reflection on the windscreen, was there a filter fitted to the cam?
It either comes with a magnetic CPL or maybe it is optional. The CPL is very effective.

wonder it is the rain on windshield or the len focus.?
I think it was from fog or something on the windscreen. The Camera has been working really well for me. I have been pretty happy with it.

It either comes with a magnetic CPL or maybe it is optional. The CPL is very effective.
This. It's been a really nice addition. It even has a little line on the top so I know when I have it on correctly.

Also, a capacitor wouldn't allow you to take the camera off its mount and use it hand held to record the result of an accident, the battery gives around 10 minutes recording, it also lets you review the recordings handheld.

and more important, you can't modify the setting when you hold the camera in hand. it will be a nightmare for the glasses guys like me........

and more important, you can't modify the setting when you hold the camera in hand. it will be a nightmare for the glasses guys like me........
If I hold it in my hands, how will I hold the magnifying glass so that I can see the tiny screen and press the buttons at the same time? - leaving it on the mount can help! :D

btw...2 questions..

1.. can the lcd play from the recorded file when recording ?

2. if yes, can it play last recorded file...?

btw...2 questions..

1.. can the lcd play from the recorded file when recording ?

2. if yes, can it play last recorded file...?
I guess you refered to car dvr playback function,if it is the question you asked,then answer is definetely yes,after you have made some video files ,you may review those video files from Mini 0806 car dvr LCD itself.

We can also playback all videos via HDMI output in TV LCD screen by the way.

But if you refered to playback videos meanwhile keep car dvr recording at the same time,the answer is definetly no,we have got MEG engineer to try a test in Mini 0806just now and already verified this point.

Actually,if you want it to playback when it is recording,there is no meaning or use to do that also,
because when you get the car dvr in hand and check playbacks,even it recorded(suppose),those videos are facing your leg,dash board,or the room,not the front road view,then why we recorded those boring video stuffs? car dvr is used to record accidents mainly still.
Personal opinon.

Last edited:
If I hold it in my hands, how will I hold the magnifying glass so that I can see the tiny screen and press the buttons at the same time? - leaving it on the mount can help! :D
We ca
we can take car dvr main body from the bracket,and leave the 3M sticky part in the window,then modify settings in hand as the car dvr itself has battery to supply power for a while ?

I'm sure it was considered, but as jokiin says, the camera is too small for a capacitor to fit. Also, a capacitor wouldn't allow you to take the camera off its mount and use it hand held to record the result of an accident, the battery gives around 10 minutes recording, it also lets you review the recordings handheld. The only reason to use a capacitor is that it gives a maximum temperature 5-10 degrees C higher than a battery, for most people that is not a big difference. The 0803 does have a cooling issue but the 0806 has plenty of vents which keep everything cool and the battery has been moved away from the case surfaces directly heated by the sun.

Replacing the battery is a delicate DIY job, it doesn't just slot into the battery compartment, so yes it's not for the average person but many forum members are quite capable of doing it. The batteries used in mobile phones that are constantly on tend to last the lifetime of the phone, this is the same type of battery, there should be no need to replace it. Not sure what reality will be but so far the battery in my test sample is maintaining capacity better than I had expected.

The CPL is optional accessory,and easy to install,when you get CPL close to the lens,you can feel the magnetic power to attract CPL to cover in frobt of the lens.Easy to install and easy to take off.

if you refered to playback videos meanwhile keep car dvr recording at the same time,the answer is definetly no.
I guess "cf7" must park the car to stop recording and playback the videos, instead of driving & reviewing at the same time!
drive safe, bro :)

Back