Hands on the Livue LB100. $100 korean 720p dashcam

I know you can turn off the voice; but can you change the voice back to the original voice? the current one is totally incomprehensiveable

if you are a beginner of dashcam, i recommend it.
i purchased a livue few weeks ago because of its good review. it was good for me.
the reasonable price is the best merit, so i think livue is good for beginner.

bobn27613 said:
I know you can turn off the voice; but can you change the voice back to the original voice? the current one is totally incomprehensiveable

You can swap firmware over, but neither Winy nor Livue voices are all that.

Try installing the updated Livue firmware to see if it makes any difference - to my ears it's still like listening to an elderly Korean lady quietly speaking to you via the worlds worst analogue phone line though!

that's what I am getting after the firmware update; originally I could at least understand what she was saying. Now it is total incomprehensible . I emailed Livue, but have not received a response; surprise, surprise.

there are many dashcams on the web. so i can't decide what is the best choice to purchase a dashcam.
my old dashcam was died few weeks ago. even though i turned on the power, it dosen't never work it anymore :x
so i searched a cheap things, as a result, i found a livue.
until now, i'm so satisfied with it. in my estimation it gives high performance for its price.

I received a livue few days ago. It is very useful for me and satisfactory.
but i have a question guys. it is available to use a 64gb memory?
and just one more question is there is how to turn the voice volume down?
thank u

richardtetik said:
thank u

Yes, Livue is compatible with 64g memory.
and... why don't u read a english manual provided about the volume control.
so, enjoy ur dashcams :)

I bought the least expensive one after comparing the prices of several brands.
Livue has a reasonable price beside the others.
But I have one question, anyone who tell me where is livue's battery consumption information of the car?

Just got my LB100 in 3 days from Korea to Canada after ordering on ebay. Installed in less than 20 minutes (I already had an aux cig lighter ready to go from my gps hardwire installation) and was able to configure it easily with the android app. A quick test drive around the neighborhood and it appears it is pretty decent.

I travel a LOT for business and some of the drivers out there are just plain scary. This gives me a tiny bit of backup in case of an accident.

tylerm99 said:
Just got my LB100 in 3 days from Korea to Canada after ordering on ebay. Installed in less than 20 minutes (I already had an aux cig lighter ready to go from my gps hardwire installation) and was able to configure it easily with the android app. A quick test drive around the neighborhood and it appears it is pretty decent.

I travel a LOT for business and some of the drivers out there are just plain scary. This gives me a tiny bit of backup in case of an accident.

Hi tylerm, Can you advise me to install the livue to minimize battery consumption? or do you know the information about it?

wongkoksiong7 said:
richardtetik said:
thank u

Yes, Livue is compatible with 64g memory.
and... why don't u read a english manual provided about the volume control.
so, enjoy ur dashcams :)

I appreciate your answer, But it's not working with 64GB memory :(
Only working with 8 and 16GB. Thank you.

I purchased a Livue from Astrobile.com
shpping was fast, also it has a english manual in the box and design is very cute and small than i expected.
Especially, a free gift for phone holder came along with it. it was impressive.
I'm fully satisfied with it!

nate said:
I purchased a Livue from Astrobile.com
shpping was fast, also it has a english manual in the box and design is very cute and small than i expected.
Especially, a free gift for phone holder came along with it. it was impressive.
I'm fully satisfied with it!

It is really that they gave U free gift?
When I bought it, I didn't receive anything of gift, :oops:

Hi,
I have a few questions about this dash cam. if someone could help answer any of them I'd really appreciate it.

How long is the 12v cigarette cable to the dash cam?
If I have it recording on the highest setting how long will it last?
What exactly does the parking and impact mode mean ?
can I have it set to record 24 hours and then just have it erase the oldest content on the memory card?
How much extra battery does the power pack add? What does it mean when it says it will shut the camera off if the voltage gets below 11.8v? I have a company car so can't hard wire it.

Thank you for anyone that can help

sshazam said:
Hi,
I have a few questions about this dash cam. if someone could help answer any of them I'd really appreciate it.

How long is the 12v cigarette cable to the dash cam?
If I have it recording on the highest setting how long will it last?
What exactly does the parking and impact mode mean ?
can I have it set to record 24 hours and then just have it erase the oldest content on the memory card?
How much extra battery does the power pack add? What does it mean when it says it will shut the camera off if the voltage gets below 11.8v? I have a company car so can't hard wire it.

Thank you for anyone that can help

hey guy! you delivered a lot of questions, lol
First, 12v ciga is about 1.5m long
According to the manual, parking mode is auto-start recording for each 15 seconds before and after a motion detect during parking.
When shock detect during parking, a recording mode will auto-change to event recording mode.
Event recording is auto-start recording each 15 seconds before and after shock detected. Shock detection can work during driving and parking.
You can also erase the oldest content.
I think it is better for you to read the reviews on this site or the manual. these explain them you questioned.
About the extra battery, this description will be helpful for you.
"http://astrobile.com/car-vehicle-accessories/livue-2-mega-pixel-1ch-hd-black-box-livue-lb100.html"

Constant event recording when on highway

The interstate is so much smoother than the city streets I drive on. But the LB100 is constantly recording in event mode when on the interstate. It will at times record a g force event when going over a bump on the city streets, and probably won't the next time I hit that same bump. This occurs while the setting is low, when the setting is high then it will also constantly record events on city streets, so I know that setting is correct. This is pretty much the only problem I have with this device.

I really don't understand the need for the g sensor anyway. If the device is recording anyway why separate out a special video to an event folder. Is it just for the purpose of making it easier to find the file that the event was recorded on?

Just wanted to say thank you to the poster who helped with my questions.

I decided to bite the bullet and buy the camera.

I just got the standard shipping can anyone comment on how long it took them to get it using this method ?

sshazam said:
Just wanted to say thank you to the poster who helped with my questions.

I decided to bite the bullet and buy the camera.

I just got the standard shipping can anyone comment on how long it took them to get it using this method ?

In my case, I received a product in 3days.
but it could be different by some possibility.

i just bought this camera and was wondering if anyone has modified the power cable to have a USB connection at the 12+v end?

Back