Happier with the 412GW

You're welcome, I wouldn't want a camera out there not up to its best that is for sure.

I will check and get back to you, could take until Monday would that be OK?

Where can I get 2 or 3 of the 3M sticky pads from?

I want to try re-positioning my cam but once used, the pads don't really hold the same and I can't find any sellers that sell them in small quantities?

My preference would be the availability of the whole adhesive unit. I'd buy a couple.

In the meantime, you can get, what they call VHB 3M double sided from Amazon.

From your message, that would be wonderful Tiffany, thank you :)

Currently I am using a Halfords double sided tape but it seems to be a bit wobbly and the video seems to have a wobble, so I am wondering if the tape is maybe too absorbent or not absorbent enough, and the original 3M sticky things being VHB may just settle it down.

I have sent to my address details in a PM.

Thanks again :)

Paul.

Before I moved the camera it was steadier with 3M tape. In it's new position, the Halfords tape is in use and while it appears fine in travel, when I am not moving there is a wobble which annoys me a bit. Maybe I'm being finicky but I just want to try and steady this wobble down.

Examples below:

#1 Driving along doesn't seem too bad:

#2 Parked on a car park level with lines (so I could check the horizontalness of the camera) where you'll see it wobble as the car is idling:

Hopefully, the better VHB 3M tape will help :)

Paul.

One thing I did that seems to have reduced my vibration a bit is a small blob of BluTak on the ball. When tightened it gives just a little bit more grip.

One thing I did that seems to have reduced my vibration a bit is a small blob of BluTak on the ball. When tightened it gives just a little bit more grip.

I'll have to try that :)

Paul.

Not much, just a small blob the size of a small ball bearing. Any excess will come out of the slits anyway.

Not much, just a small blob the size of a small ball bearing. Any excess will come out of the slits anyway.

@Kremmen @NextBase Tiffany

Thank Tiffany for the sticky pad I am now using, and thanks Kremmen for suggesting the use of a bit of blutack in the ball socket.

With these two combined you can now see the effect whilst stationary at the same car park at almost the same spot (about 2 feet further back)..

I think I can safely announce the wobble has gone! (You can clearly see the difference if you look back at the video up a couple of posts from this, or watch the short 2 clip compilation below:

Thanks again peeps.

Paul.

Last edited:
Back