Hard wire install and parking mode questions

KDX

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I ordered a 129 Pro Duo with a hard wire kit which should be arriving in a week or so. I was wondering if I could selectively set the recording function to be on normal video recording when the vehicle power is off while I'm at a place like a gas station. I would like it to be recording the whole time I'm there with the ignition off. Is it easy to set the parking function on or off? I don't need it to be recording when my vehicle is parked in the garage at night. If I don't want it recording at specific times should I just unplug the power cord that goes into the front cam at those times? Thanks in advance.

The best method would be to just unplug the power cable whenever you don't need parking mode to activate.

Press and hold the menu button to manually power down the camera when you don’t want to use parking mode.

You can also set a short parking timer if you never need it to be long, then it doesn't matter if you forget to disable it when not needed.

Thanks for all the replys gentlemen. There are times I'm in sketchy areas and would like constant video recording when my vehicle is parked a (as opposed to X-number of frames per second). Usually only 10-15 minutes at a time, so this should work out well. Of course I will also be using it while driving.

Add a 3 way switch between the camera and the hardwire kit.
One end is to ACC of camera, the other 2 ends ACC and BAT from hardwire kit.
Now you can switch from normal parking mode when car is off, to always recording driving mode until voltage cut.

Thanks for all the replys gentlemen. There are times I'm in sketchy areas and would like constant video recording when my vehicle is parked a (as opposed to X-number of frames per second). Usually only 10-15 minutes at a time, so this should work out well. Of course I will also be using it while driving.

In that case, you could turn parking mode off in the menu, it will then always turn off when the ignition is turned off and when you want it recording for ten minutes you can turn it back on again using the power button.

Back