Hard-wire Install (frustrated - throwing in the towel)

dnichols

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have two A119 V2 cameras in car (front and rear).

In my original install, I powered them off of 12V sockets. I had to jumper the rear to make it switched...but other than that, it worked perfect and I had no issues.

I got it into my head to do a hard-wire install, and bought the best install kits I could find. The process was easy and clean...and they certainly work.

Problem is no matter what I try, I get static on the radio. I've read through numerous threads and tried ferrite chokes, wrapping foil, rerouting the usb wire, rerouting the power wire, moving the transformer, etc., etc.

I get the status regardless of which camera I power, no matter how close or far it is from the head-unit.

What I find most interesting.
* There's zero static is I go back to the 12V socket version.
* If I hard-wire, I get minor background static.
* If I then plug anything into a 12V socket (cell charger, etc.), the static goes off the charts!

I thought it might depend on which fuse I tapped, but that makes no difference either.
Weird.
Anyway...I've gone back to the 12V install.
I give up. :)

Last edited:
Static or weakening of stations ( dunno of this is FM / DAB or sattelite stations )
Seem to be a ongoing problem for some people in their cars, myself i dont know i dont listen to radio as we dont have any good stations, even the hard frock station,,,, well :rolleyes:o_O

Coming from the caraudio-scene with 15 years of experiences with troublesome wiring of both power and audiocables, i'd say your static comes from bad / faulty ground-connection.

You mention there's no static when connecting via the 12v socket (which is grounded seperately onto car chassis), which leads me to think that your hardwiring-kit has bad ground or even the kit itself has a bad lead from ground to controller, which also kan transmit noise into the power-lines. If these go near / past / across antenna-wires, this WILL be the cause of static. Don't let your antenna go near the power-wires for cameras which also transmits RF-noise that blends into the FM-receiver.

hehe i still have fat ass car audio cables the size of garden hose and fuse boxes and what not lying around, cable are almost heavy enough that you could cut off a length of it and use it as a self defense weapon. :D
3 x 500 W ( subs ) and the amp for the side speakers ( 4 X 120 W ) suck a lot of juice.

I find radio to be full of sh*te anyway... my MP3 player has a load of stand-up comedy on instead

I use to have Dennis Leary No Cure for cancer, but i have lost the Mp3.

Coming from the caraudio-scene with 15 years of experiences with troublesome wiring of both power and audiocables, i'd say your static comes from bad / faulty ground-connection.

You mention there's no static when connecting via the 12v socket (which is grounded seperately onto car chassis), which leads me to think that your hardwiring-kit has bad ground or even the kit itself has a bad lead from ground to controller, which also kan transmit noise into the power-lines. If these go near / past / across antenna-wires, this WILL be the cause of static. Don't let your antenna go near the power-wires for cameras which also transmits RF-noise that blends into the FM-receiver.

Thank you for reply. I've kept the kits and may try again after while.
I'll pay particular attention to the grounding if and when I do.

-Dan-

Jeez123. If you have 15 years of experience I would tend to believe what you say :D! Is their any way to check a system like his and tell if it has a bad ground ( Multimeter ?) or do you just send it back to the Manufacture and calmly tell him you want your money back or a device that works :cool:! I was interested so I went to the link you supplied, reads kinda evasive, but you really should call them and explain the problem and listen to what they have to say, I think you have 90 day guarantee.
Good luck.

Last edited:
This hard wire kit actually fried a few of my customers cameras. (and caused general instability with others) I would avoid, not a recommended product.
I wouldn't be surprised if it also caused AM/FM signal interference.

I would think they would be aware of their having a problem and try to help known buyers with problems not to mention their design or the company that manufactures for them. Starting to look like a buyer type thing now!

This hard wire kit actually fried a few of my customers cameras. (and caused general instability with others) I would avoid, not a recommended product.
I wouldn't be surprised if it also caused AM/FM signal interference.

I know that some of these cheap Chinese converters have very poor voltage regulation so when they spike you'll end up with a fried camera. This may be the same kind of converter in a fancier housing with nicer packaging.

Last edited:
You'd think that a $40 regulator would do the job without injecting switching noise into your car's electrical system. I have been using one of these and have no such issues. https://www.amazon.com/gp/B06Y4NH168

Back