Hard-wire kit, will it work the M6+ in park mode ?

elsid

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
VIOFO A129 Pro DUO Lens 4K / Nextbase 522WG / Ddpai M6+, Mo
I have the Ddpai M6+ Dashcam and would like to know if this hard-wire kit https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172361835117 will operate the M6+ in park mode. I know it offers a permanent power supply but when the car is parked and the ignition is switched off, will the M6+ sense this and auto switch to park mode, which takes one frame per second rather than full time video. It has only positive and negative wires, and some hardwire kits have an extra 'yellow' wire and I wondered if this is needed for the M6+ to work in true park mode. If it will not work in park mode, can someone point me to a power supply that will.

Last edited:
Yes, it will work as intended. The only issue I see by looking at the specifications is that the low voltage cut-off is a little low at 11.6V (especially for diesel cars) and it can't be changed/switched to a higher/desired cut-off voltage with this kit.

Check out the Vico Power Plus, an ideal solution for dash cams with parking mode.

OK thanks for the speedy reply and info although the Vico Plus is a little expensive. Much appreciated.
I have a 1ltr Fiesta eco boost, so I'm hoping the 11.6v cut off will be OK for a small petrol engine.
I currently run the M6+ via the Fiesta USB socket and have hidden the wire in the usual way.

Last edited:
I would like to hardwire my DDPai but the problem I see is that the camera(s) will be powered the whole time the car is in the garage. If the car isn't used for a couple of days might it not flatten the car battery?

I purchased this gadget link, and although I haven't fitted it yet, it is supposed to cut the power to the camera if the battery voltage reaches 11.6volts, thus avoiding draining the battery.
If you are thinking of buying one, the inline fuse holder shown in the picture is not included. You will also need another gadget called a Blade Fuse Tap Holder that fits in your cars fuse box.

Last edited:
Check out the Vico Power Plus, an ideal solution for dash cams with parking mode.
Yes. Good suggestion. Beside Vico Power Plus, there are Power Magic Pro and Multi Saver too. But for DDpai Mini has built in Low Voltage Protection.

I would like to hardwire my DDPai but the problem I see is that the camera(s) will be powered the whole time the car is in the garage. If the car isn't used for a couple of days might it not flatten the car battery?
Well, since DDPai Mini has the Low Voltage Protection, it should cut off the power when it drops to the threshold setting.

Yes. Good suggestion. Beside Vico Power Plus, there are Power Magic Pro and Multi Saver too. But for DDpai Mini has built in Low Voltage Protection.

Well, since DDPai Mini has the Low Voltage Protection, it should cut off the power when it drops to the threshold setting.
I'm not an electrician but I would have thought that if the voltage drops to 11.6 volts the battery is pretty flat. Forgive me being pedantic but could someone with more electrical knowledge than me put my mind at rest. I would rather not find out the hard way.

I'm not an electrician but I would have thought that if the voltage drops to 11.6 volts the battery is pretty flat.
Yes it is. 12V will be minimal.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I M6 plus ( M4 plus ) 1
Back