Hard Wire Wiring Options

Xklatmachsadx

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dear Friends,
I want to know the various wiring option for the mini 0906 hardwire kit, I found the list before but I don't remember where I found it. I think that they are as follows:

* Red to constant 12 volt source, Yellow to Accessory 12 volt source Black to ground
* Red to constant 12 volt source, Black to ground
* Red and Yellow to constant 12 volt source, Black to ground

I don't remember which is for which. I am asking because I wanted to set up a switch that will send a constant 12 volts to the yellow wire when the car is off to turn on the dashcam.
There a few reasons that I want to do this, say I was driving up the road and pulled over to answer some text or make a call and want the cam to continue to record, or I am pulled over by a cop and want to cam to continue to record.

When I connect the Black wire to ground, red wire to constant positive from the battery and the yellow wire to constant positive from the battery the dash cam's screen does not come on with the vehicle off.

Also, with the Black wire to ground, red wire to constant positive from the battery and the yellow wire not connected the dash cam's screen is not come on until I start the vehicle. I suspect that the device will only turn on the screen when it detect 14.4 vdc from the charging system instead of the 12 vdc from the battery.

Thats what its supposed to do, you dont want the screen on when your not in the car....parked in the street it lets theives know you have a dashcam thats waiting to be stolen, this happens a lot in the UK

Well, my screen stays on all the time. This is with the black to ground, red to battery positive and yellow to accessory positive. I looked in the settings for a way to adjust it but there was none.

Anyway it seems like it should come on for a few seconds then go off.

I am not happy with this device, I am going to use a buck Converter with a Power On Delay timer made with a 555. This will use no energy at all while parked.

For parking guard I will use one of the extra programmable wires from my Viper alarm to power it up when a disturbance is detected only it will record from both cameras at 1080-30. It will not use any energy when not recording.

UPDATE
I will start a new post about making a hard wire device, check it out.

Last edited:
I had a problem with my wifes a while back with the screen staying on,then the damn thing went off and wont come on until she starts driving, its stuck in parking mode, unsure if the hardwire kit has a fault. settings should be OFF for power and screen , you can always press the large button on the side to turn the screen off, or select rear camera, or long press for off.

I had a problem with my wifes a while back with the screen staying on,then the damn thing went off and wont come on until she starts driving, its stuck in parking mode, unsure if the hardwire kit has a fault. settings should be OFF for power and screen , you can always press the large button on the side to turn the screen off, or select rear camera, or long press for off.

Now that I have considered it, I don't mind that the screen is always on.

I do though want to let you know that when I said that the Mini does not turn on when I supply battery positive to both the Red and Yellow wires and ground to the black wire, it does not turn on, I know this because neither of the indicators, red, blue, or green, come on or when I press the switch either for a short or long duration nothing happens.

When I start the engine the screen comes on and then when I press the switch the screen goes off but those lights remain lit.

Fixed my problem it was a faulty fuse tap on the ACC wire, cut it off and just wrapped the wire around the fuse leg.

Hi

I have bought a Mini 0906 dash cam, I used to have another cheaper camera that died, and I want to use the same power supply on the mini 0906

The Output is 5v - 2.1 A (See Image attached please)

Can I use it on the Mini 0906 safely or this could damage the Mini 0906??

Thanks & Regards

Attachments

• power supply.JPG
    power supply.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 8
Thank you Jokiin, I have connected the camera an everything is ok, Regards!!

Back