Hard wiring a 412GW and parking mode issues.

B.Rigby

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had a 412GW for several months now, can't really fault it for what I've used it for.

It's been hard wired in with the kit bought from nextbase, and worked like a charm.

I've not really used the parking mode, but when I have, it seems to get stuck on 2 minutes recording and doesn't progress any further. It doesn't carry on recording, but also still says its recording.

I'm not entirely sure I'm doing everything right, but I'd like to set it up so It records whilst the vehicle is parked.

Its currently installed into a 12v accessory fuse, and so only get power when ignition is on. Does this need to be changed to make full use of the parking mode? - not an issue to me, just need to know!

Hope someone can help, thanks!

Welcome @B.Rigby

Glad to hear you're mostly impressed with the 412GW.

It sounds like you've left parking mode on rather than turning it on/off as and when you need it.

Not to worry, a simple update of the firmware to 11.7 will improve your parking mode functionality to allow you to leave it on 24/7 and it will not interfere with normal driving.

You can download it here: https://www.nextbase.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/FW96660A.bin

Always give us a call if you need us to talk you through it we're here everyday on 02920 866 429 (UK Standard number).

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply.

It is a little annoying to turn the parking mode off / on every time, probably why I've forgotten to change it once back in the car.

I wasn't aware of the 11.7 firmware upgrade, I checked it recently and was still 9. something.

Just updated; the dashcam didn't show the blue screen saying it was updating, just the led flashing. Anyway, once it was complete the unit turned on.

All looks the same as the previous version, but the version number has changed to 11.7.

I take it I just set the parking mode to "on" and I can leave it at that? - Driving round with it still enabled.

I'll see what happens during use tomorrow!

Welcome @B.Rigby

Glad to hear you're mostly impressed with the 412GW.

It sounds like you've left parking mode on rather than turning it on/off as and when you need it.

Not to worry, a simple update of the firmware to 11.7 will improve your parking mode functionality to allow you to leave it on 24/7 and it will not interfere with normal driving.

You can download it here: https://www.nextbase.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/FW96660A.bin

Always give us a call if you need us to talk you through it we're here everyday on 02920 866 429 (UK Standard number).

Yes we thought so too, it’s far more convenient to just leave parking mode on and for the device to recognise the difference between the two. I hope you notice the improvements here.

Great news - if the system info page has changed to 11.7 this has been successful. It was release within the last 7 days so you were on the latest until very very recently.

Yes please do leave parking mode on and it will now decipher normal driving and parked up without you needing to adjust anything.

I’ll look forward to hearing how you get on.

Hi Tiffany. I've just bought the 412GW and updated the firmware to 11.7. I'm going to hard wire the unit in the weekend and have bought the nextbase kit- I would like to use parking mode - do I need to wire into permanent live or ignition controlled one with the new firmware?

Welcome @russo109

You can use either, if you choose a permanently live fuse the unit will switch off when no movement is detected. If you have it on ignition live the unit will switch off when your ignition turns off.

It will use its internal battery for parking mode if you chose an ignition live fuse.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D 412GW 2
JonCoopaWorx 412GW 6
S 412GW 5
BoilingPointUK 412GW 8
Back