Hard wiring to a fuse that is dead when ign. is off.

grimp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just hard wired a Nextcam 312gw into my Peugeot 3008 crossway 2014. Like many others, judging from what I read I couldn't find a dead fuse with the ign. off. Owing to the extreme difficulty working in the glove box fuse box, the fuses are behind the wiring believe it or not, I only checked three 30amp fuses including the power/cigar lighter socket and drivers heated seat. Needless to say with the ign. off the socket was dead and the heated seat was dead as well but the fuses were alive and the cam. would power up and record when plugged into the appropiate fuse socket. After trying the third fuse it dawned on me that the wiring is similar to house wiring with old rule ITS ALWAYS ALIVE AS FAR AS THE SWITCH. You have the power source, mians/battery, then the fuses, then the switches/solenoid, then whatever the switches are coupled to. The fuses protect as much wiring as possible. I don't know if all the fuses are the same or all cars are the same, I only write of my experience with my 3008 and would like to hear if there are any other explanations. personally I won't torture myself looking for any more dead fuses.
GRIMP

Back