Hardware Revisions?

JasonAz

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all. Does anyone know if there have been any hardware revisions on this camera at all? I seem to remeber the 650s did and early versions couldn't be upgraded. Looking to replace my Dr650s which is getting long in the tooth and UK availability is limited. As usual, I am impatient and want it this weekend! Amazon UK has it (Amazon as the seller, rather than 3rd party) and can deliver tomorrow on prime. Also it is a really good price - any reason I shouldn't buy it from them? I wonder if they have a large amount of 'old' stock they are getting rid of?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Go for it. Don't waste time. You know it makes sense. (I have two 750 2CH cams). No H/W revisions that I am aware.

Do NOT buy it from Amazon, much less the authorized resellers IMO. Let me suggest why. The warranty service gets pretty sucky - pretty fast. On the other hand, if you get it from Costco on-line, (last time in the UK, i recall they do have costco's there) you just take it back when it fails (and they DO fail) & they take 'em back no questions asked. We had to go through a whopping 5 propane patio heaters before we got one that lasts & lasts. Good luck trying to get any dashcam company to be that cooperative.
[emoji6]

Costco is not an option for me - I don't qualify for membership. Oh, and they don't sell it.

Costco is not an option for me - I don't qualify for membership. Oh, and they don't sell it.

sorry to hear about not qualifying for membership, & that they no longer carry it. That's where we got ours, and They carried it for at least another year. It does seem to be available still on the North American continent, but it may come & go.
Capture+_2019-08-26-11-34-11-1.png
It's only speculation, but it wouldn't surprise me if blackvue stopped costco sales because of returns. Not necessarily in cooler climates like in the UK, but many other areas easily get over 38°, which translates out to over 65° C inside a closed-up car. Electronics just don't have great resiliency when temperatures get that high.

sorry to hear about not qualifying for membership, & that they no longer carry it. That's where we got ours, and They carried it for at least another year. It does seem to be available still on the North American continent, but it may come & go.
View attachment 48230
It's only speculation, but it wouldn't surprise me if blackvue stopped costco sales because of returns. Not necessarily in cooler climates like in the UK, but many other areas easily get over 38°, which translates out to over 65° C inside a closed-up car. Electronics just don't have great resiliency when temperatures get that high.
I think Costco is quite different over here in the UK compared to how it is in the US [emoji106]

Back