Hardwire and possible check engine light issue

Rvxnn

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Had Viofo A129 hardwired with parking mode on my 2019 Subaru WRX by a shop. They used the brake switch as the power and the cig. outlet as accessory.

It's a brand new car with less than 2000 km. I had a check engine light (P013F - O2 Sensor Delayed Response) pop up after 100km post installation. The Subaru mechanics were quick to blame the hardwire and cleared the code. The code has not come back, however I had the dashcam re-hardwired.

Is there any correlation between the two? Should I be worried and investigate the code further?

I can not imagine any relationship between the O2 sensor and that method of hard wiring.

I had a similar code pop up once because I spun the tires over 70mph while barely getting away from some ice. In time the computer code erased itself.

You may have a slightly bad O2 sensor. You may have run the engine differently than the factory anticipated. Unless the code returns I would not be concerned. Sometimes computer codes set for no apparent reason. If it stays off there is nothing I would be concerned about.

Or my 'generic' response: "It's a stupid computer, did you really expect it to act properly?" :ROFLMAO: And to that I occasionally add: "Because if you did, then you're as stupid as the computer or worse!" :eek: I love adding the last part when I'm around IT guys who never say anything because they know that I'm right :p Worse is that they know that they're the ones who are supposed to be making it work properly but can't :cautious:

This has been seriously answered in another thread so I'll be taking my demented sense of humor with me as I leave here :cool: See Ya!

Phil

Back