Hardwire dash cam turning off with start stop

Elliott Landon

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys I'm new here but used the forum before to find answers
I've hardwired be g1w-cb capacitor dash cam to my fuse box in the cigarette lighter fuse (I have tried in other fuses and they either do the same thing or the camera stays on when the ignition is off which I don't want ) and the camera turns off when the start stop Comes back on when I press the clutch ,sometimes it restarts and starts a new recording like as if it was turned on manually ,and sometimes it turns off and I have to manually turn it back on which is annoying. Also to add that sometimes the camera stays functioning normally and is not affected by the start stop

Any help is appreciated to try and solve this , thanks guys

I'm not very good with electrics so this seems far too complicated for me

I'm confused that is turns off when hardwired but when plugged in the cigarette lighter it stays on normally when I use start stop?

I'm not very good with electrics so this seems far too complicated for me

I'm confused that is turns off when hardwired but when plugged in the cigarette lighter it stays on normally when I use start stop?

depends where you have it hardwired to, some circuits will cut power when the car starts, others stay powered

Hi guys I'm new here but used the forum before to find answers
I've hardwired be g1w-cb capacitor dash cam to my fuse box in the cigarette lighter fuse (I have tried in other fuses and they either do the same thing or the camera stays on when the ignition is off which I don't want ) and the camera turns off when the start stop Comes back on when I press the clutch ,sometimes it restarts and starts a new recording like as if it was turned on manually ,and sometimes it turns off and I have to manually turn it back on which is annoying. Also to add that sometimes the camera stays functioning normally and is not affected by the start stop

Any help is appreciated to try and solve this , thanks guys

Do you have a test light? Are you testing the fuse sockets you're using?

I'm not good with electronics so not too sure what you mean

I have a piggyback fuse in the cigarette lighter fuse

Is there any chance your foot on the clutch is moving some wires.. perhaps the ground wire or where it is attached? If you had a mutli-meter check for 12 volt power at the plug while you aggressively use the clutch or move your foot around in the foot well and see if the power fluctuates.

depends where you have it hardwired to, some circuits will cut power when the car starts, others stay powered

You can test this function, with a test light, but it helps to have a helper to turn the ignition key. With some vehicles, you can put the transmission (auto ) in drive or not depress the clutch pedal, and it won't turn over when you turn the key to start; but it still will cut off power to the ignition on fuses that the manufacturer determines it should. Not all vehicles will do this so yours may have to be in park/neutral and the engine will turn over when the ignition switch is turned to start. In either case you need to find an ignition on power source in your fuse panel. Your light will glow when the circuit is hot, find one that will remain hot when the key is turned to start as well as when in the on position. In some cases you will find that the light will dim, with the starter operating, but stay on, this connection will probably not work if the voltage drops below a certain point (determined by the camera manufacturer) and the camera will shut off. Find one that does not dim when the starter is engaged. Make sure your park brake is firmly engaged and the helper either has his/her foot hovering over the brake pedal or is depressing it.

Back