Hardwire for Hybrids - Best Fuse for Camry Hybrid 2020?

skyxliner

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi Everyone,

I have the Viofo A119s and I'm doing my research in preparation of hard wiring to the fuse box. Most of the reviews I read are for standard gas cars. I was wondering if there's any risk or differences when hard wiring to accessory fuse box for a Toyota Camry Hybrid 2020?

Also, I wasn't able to find too many reviews for this specific car model and was wondering if i can get some advise on which fuse to use?

Attachments

• 20191226_204149.jpg
    20191226_204149.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Hi, I have the 2020 Lexus ES300h and it has the exact same fuse panel diagram as yours here. Were you able to determine which fuse you used for the constant and accessory? I was advised to use the OBD (7.5A) slot for the constant and either the P/Outlet No.1 (15A) or Washer (20A) for the accessory one.

Also, I was given 10A fuses with my fuse taps. Will that be a problem if I use the OBD 7.5A slot? I was reading how the top fuse(Draw) Needs to be Lower Amp for safety?

Can't help with where to tap for power, but 5A fuses would be much safer and even 2A fuses are enough, so anything in that range will be OK. 10A fuses may not blow before wires start to melt :eek:

Phil

Can't help with where to tap for power, but 5A fuses would be much safer and even 2A fuses are enough, so anything in that range will be OK. 10A fuses may not blow before wires start to melt :eek:

Phil

The store I bought my dash cam and provided me with the fuse taps does professional installation, and they're the ones who included the 10A fuse with the taps but it sounds like I may need to go out and buy two 5A fuses instead? Is the risk level really high if I keep the 10A fuse provided?

Also, if I tap into the OBD port that is showing 7.5A in the diagram, is it an issue that the fuse I am using for the dash cam is 10A (or more than the rated amps for the slot?). Sorry if it's a silly question, this is the first time I've ever attempted an install like this

I actually forgot but I think I used one of the blank slots on the bottom right or the P Outlet

Screenshot_1.jpg

The accessory fuse must never exceed the amperage of the circuit being tapped into, so running a 10A fuse on the 7.5A OBD circuit is a no-go, but should work fine if you use a 5A or lower fuse.

I don't know why they supplied you with 10A fuses here, maybe they were out of the lower value ones, but I would absolutely not use them.

Phil

Just an update. I ended up using the ODB port for my constant and the P. Outlet 1 for my accessory. Appears to be working without any issues! (plus I went and bought a 7.5 A fuse to use with the 7.5 A ODB slot)

Back