hardwire for parking guard feature

j0nblayz

Reaction score
Country
Canada
looks like to have parking guard, its required to use odb2 connector. However is it possible to hardwire without using the odb2 connector? dont know about you guys, but i personally dont want to risk plugging in an power adapter into my odb2 port.

Anyone know whats required to have parking guard enabled? im guessing the odb2 connector has power/gnd/remote?

Yes, parking guard can only be used with the 12V input port on the GPS module. The USB port is only 5V.

I had the same reservation of using the ODBII port on my car. But, after looking at the wiring, I can see that it only connects to the battery +12V and chassis ground (pins 16 & 4 respectively). My car has a dedicated 7.5A fuse for just the 12V line on the ODBII port. I'd imagine that other brands of cars would have that as well. It should be totally safe and won't damage anything unless you get a cable that is mis-wired internally.

It should also be possible that one could cut off the ODBII connector from the cable and hard wire it to an equivalent source of 12V. But, that would seem more dangerous unless you are an electrical wiz and have a good understanding of wire gauge and fusing in case a short happens.

Your best bet is to look for a hardwire kit with 3 wires - ACC, Battery and Ground. Using 2 fuse taps connect the ACC and Battery to the appropriate fuses in the fuse box that's inside the cabin.

Something like - MotoPark Multi Safer or the Vico Power Plus.

hmm interesting, i should be able to straight hardwire this, since 0807 does have builtin auto shutoff at certain voltage, which i will set to about 12-12.2v to be on safe side. Or do you guys recommend using additional module like the ones mentioned above?

hmm interesting, i should be able to straight hardwire this, since 0807 does have builtin auto shutoff at certain voltage, which i will set to about 12-12.2v to be on safe side. Or do you guys recommend using additional module like the ones mentioned above?
If the hardwire kit didn't offer buy us manufacturer, then parking guard function can not work ,so if you want to use hardwire kit , I will ask our retailer to contact you .

Hi Joy, got the links, thanks however the hardwire kit says:
  1. Protect your vehicle's battery from being drained by the dash camera;
How does it protect the battery from being drained? i dont see anything relating to auto turn off at certain voltage.

Hi Joy, got the links, thanks however the hardwire kit says:
  1. Protect your vehicle's battery from being drained by the dash camera;
How does it protect the battery from being drained? i dont see anything relating to auto turn off at certain voltage.

Hi Jonathen,

The link I offered you is just for Mini0805 or Mini0826 , this hardwire kit will be no power after engine turn off , so will not drained the car battery . You can leave a message to ask the retailer to send you hardwire kit for Mini0807 because the retailer didn't create a listing for Mini0807 hardwire kit yet . For Mini0807 hardwire kit for voltage cut off , all is in the firmware . Sorry for making you confused.

Back