Hardwire for parking mode

Steve698

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have hardwired my present cam into a ACC fuse and it has worked great but I am about to upgrade my camera and am looking for the added feature of parking mode, from my understanding "parking mode" needs a constant supply rather than an ACC supply that turns of with the ignition - is this so ? If it is what is the best fuse to pick for this and how does the cam turn of when the car is left as I don't want it running continuously, just when motion is detected.

There are two different things here; HWK and cam function. The HWK does need a continuous "how" and a switched "hot"but which fuses are best to tap will differed with each car. Avoid safety-critical circuits (airbag, ABS, engine controls, extrnal lighting etc) and you'll be fine. How the camera deals with the change of output with the HWK will vary from cam to cam, and there's also the matter of having a low-voltage cut-off involved to prevent battery drain.

We can get more specific if you'll let us know which car and which cam you're speaking of but that's about as far as general info on this can go for now.

Phil

The interior cabin light (the one on the ceiling that lights when you open the door) is a good 'always on' fuse.

The ACC fuse you've been using would then be perfect for triggering parking mode.

Parking mode is triggered by the ACC line on the 3 wire kit (assuming that's what you'd be using), and whether that's by motion detection, event detection, time lapse or other can be chosen in camera settings.

Last edited:
I'd say just the opposite. The battery +12 is what is needed for parking mode. Ignition/ACC is what powers the camera when the key is on.

I'd say just the opposite. The battery +12 is what is needed for parking mode. Ignition/ACC is what powers the camera when the key is on.
Depends on the hardwire kit, the ACC is often just a switch, power is still from the B+

Yes, when the switch (key) is on. So, it's not always on. Who is going to leave the switch (key) on while parked?

Yes, when the switch (key) is on. So, it's not always on. Who is going to leave the switch (key) on while parked?

yeah maybe I didn't explain that properly, the B+ powers the camera whether parked or not, the ACC just tells the camera which mode to use

Back