Hardwire Ford C-Max

Even with recommendations, you'd want to ensure you test which fuses yourself since every vehicle is completely different.

Use a circuit tester (or equivalent) and choose a constant fuse and ignition-switched fuse that 1) are rated between 10A-30A and 2) do not pertain to safety features (refer to your owner's manual).

But what are more common fuses used for constant power and accessory (engine running)?

For my Hyundai i used spare fuses. I measured with a multimeter the fuses that have constant voltage and which are fed to the contact and i found two spare fuses that fulfilled the conditions. I preferred spare fuses in order not to affect other circuits.

Maybe those not used if you have fuses and power. I don't see reserved on that diagram.

Don't use any fuses relating to any safety features eg. ABS or airbags etc.

Rear wiper is an ignition only live

Alarm battery backup sounder is normally constant live.

You need to use a multimeter to check though as things are not always the same in every car.

Use a 2amp fuse to protect the camera circuit and try to use a circuit with a fuse of less then 7.5amps already there.

Make sure you put the fuse tap in the correct orientation otherwise the fuse is useless and protecting nothing, and make sure you put the correct fuses in the correct slots. The fuse for the camera should be in the slot at the top of the tap - with the wire coming off it, the existing fuse goes at the bottom closest to the blades.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thanks for your advices.

I'm waiting for the camera arrive then after installation i'll post here some pics from fuse part.

Hello,

I've just hardwired my Ford C-Max with fuse taps and it is working nice.

I am little worried about the fuse tap installations.

Before i changed anything on fuse box some fuses were upside down... the fuses aren't plugged all in same way.

How i can make sure that i've correctly installed the fuse taps?

Later i'll post here a photo.

Hello,

I've just hardwired my Ford C-Max with fuse taps and it is working nice.

I am little worried about the fuse tap installations.

Before i changed anything on fuse box some fuses were upside down... the fuses aren't plugged all in same way.

How i can make sure that i've correctly installed the fuse taps?

Later i'll post here a photo.

The fuses themselves can go in any way you want, there is no right or wrong or upside down. It doesn’t matter if the number is the right way up or not.

The fuse tap on the other hand does need to be in the correct orientation, I’m sure I’ve got a diagram to explain it....
21fad6e66610f6dcfc8357ad2f3db75b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for your awnser...

If i not installed corrrect way what can happens?

Hello

here's one photo. can you check if is fuse tap is correctly installed?

Thanks

Hello

here's one photo. can you check if is fuse tap is correctly installed?

Thanks

View attachment 46076
Hi Sergiosmvc, I also have a Ford Cmax 2014, which orientation did you applied your fuse taps on the slots? I am installing the auxiliary BlackVue battery and using the same type of fuse tap. Thanks for any feedback!

Back