Hardwire Install for iRoad V9

Yes you can. I cannot think of a problem in doing that.

But the voltage protection works really well. Just set the voltage problem to maximum. As far as I remember, highest setting is 12.3v and 13.1V. 12.3V for cam to turn off while in park mode and 13.1V for turning on again incase protection kicks in.

night. fox, thanks for your reply. I am driving BMW and the idrive is quite sensitive to battery drain that there is alert message every day, i know the power has been cut off and battery alert will disappear after engine started for mins but just annoying. Some of my friends said constant power should be connectd to battery directly rather than fuse as iroad has power management, but the vendor is lazy for wiring due to the battery of bmw located at the back.

By the way, do you guys use any PC apps to merge the jdr files and can the bundle iroad software export the video which shows both front and rear cam in same screen?

Thanks again

RS

Last edited:
Guys,

Today i just DIY to add a power switch on the yellow VCC cable. It works but one thing out of my expectations.

Looks like the power switch now become the main switch for the device, that is if it is off, no matter the car engine ignition is on or off, the v9 is in off status. My expectation is that when the power switch is off and car ignition is ON, the cam will still turn on as ACC cable is connected.

Anyway, it is better than before to unplug the jet when i need to park for few days.

RS

Anyone Manage to resolve the 4g data access issue when we are in the car with wifi activated?

I have a concern.

my installation was done at a shop introduced to me by one of car club. The shop change my amp from 5A to 15A. I have argued with them that it should be maintain at 5A but he said no issue. On top of that he show me V9S2 has additional 2 fuse (mcm fuse in glass/ transparent plastic size of pen) in the V9S2 wiring..so no worries (he said). I google around that fuse is supposedly for analog clock, I think that is the fuse if I remembered correctly. Should I maintain the fuse amp or change to new one or just maintain it?

Attached below is the fuse map. Appreciate your kind reply.

Attachments

• FuseMap.pdf
    881.4 KB · Views: 8
I just purchased the iRoad V9 from a local vendor who also help to installed this dashcam to my vehicle.
Yellow (constant power) connected to "wheel fuse" which allow the power supply while in parking mode.
Red (acc power) connected to "front windows fuse" which allow the cam go into normal mode when vehicle ignited
Everything is working well. And just have a question, could I install a power switch (ON/OFF) on the "Yellow" cable? because i dont need parking mode all the time, sometime i will park my car in my own car park for weeks and just want to avoid battery drain even though there is a voltage protection on the dashcam itself.

Thanks
RS

Try choosing a different fuse for constant power, better to leave alone a critical fuse like the 'wheel' - power steering fuse and look for a non-critical one to tap. Don't want to be losing the PS while on the road for an avoidable reason.

Last edited:
Summarized all the above valuable experience,

If i do not need the function of parking mode(recording when car is off), should i just connect both the red and yellow wire to acc, will it be work?

If i do not need the function of parking mode(recording when car is off), should i just connect both the red and yellow wire to acc, will it be work?

Yes it will.

I have a spare constant power cable, how do I power it up using a external 12v battery for parking mode? Do I just connect the yellow cable to the battery?

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but this is the most relevant topic I’ve managed to find. i have yellow(vcc) and red(acc). Which fuse supports vcc? I can’t think of any fuse that’s always on except important fuses like braking, airbags, etc. what’s your suggestion without using multi-meter testing?

I'm thinking is it possible to connect both red(acc) and yellow(vcc) into a fuse with constant power? Currently both are connected together at my acc fuse which only work when I start my engine.

I'm thinking is it possible to connect both red(acc) and yellow(vcc) into a fuse with constant power? Currently both are connected together at my acc fuse which only work when I start my engine.

If you have both acc and constant tapping the same fuse, then the dashcam can’t detect when to switch to parking mode.

Usually, there is a panel that covers the interior fuse box (usually driver side). On there, it will give some info about what fuses are Acc vs Constant.

You can also do a quick search online about your car.

You can always tap the brake lights for constant. Just make sure the add-a-fuse has two fuses, the original one, and the one for your dashcam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but this is the most relevant topic I’ve managed to find. i have yellow(vcc) and red(acc). Which fuse supports vcc? I can’t think of any fuse that’s always on except important fuses like braking, airbags, etc. what’s your suggestion without using multi-meter testing?

Go with brake light, and make sure to use “add-a-fuse” with the proper design (mini, Ato, etc).

Keep the original fuse in the lower slot of the add-a-fuse and make sure to have a fuse in the upper slot (for dashcam).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best to avoid tapping any car-safety related fuse like airbags, engine controls, or any exterior lighting. This may not always be possible, but things don't always work as they're intended to and by not using a safety-related circuit you greatly enhance the chances of not having problems with it which could have dire consequences while driving.

Phil

Reactions: RLS
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C IROAD 1
D IROAD 0
Back