Hardwire install help for streetguardian on a Mercedes CLS 550

keekedthefout

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi there! We recently purchased two street guardians from Pier 28 on Amazon (thank you pier 28!) and I am just now realizing that I want to hardwire them into our cars but I am overwhelmed at the prospect of doing so.

Does anyone have any links to videos or guides that could help in this respect? I am not at all handy and have no idea where to begin. Are there companies that would be able to hardwire install for me and if so how would I go about finding them? I tried looking for places but I only came up with Audio install businesses.

I am in Orange County CA if anyone has any recommendations for a place that will do an install :) Thanks!

Hi there. You posted in the general Street Guardian section so not sure which models you ordered.
SG9665GC
SGZC12SS
SGZC12SG
SGZC12RC

Is your hard wire goal to keep things neat or to power the cameras while parked and away?

I know great installers in San Francisco but not sure of southern Cali. I'd use Yelp to find a local car audio installer who should be able to handle a DashCam hard wire kit no problem.

Does anyone have any links to videos or guides that could help in this respect? I am not at all handy and have no idea where to begin. Are there companies that would be able to hardwire install for me and if so how would I go about finding them? I tried looking for places but I only came up with Audio install businesses.

a good car audio installer is generally a good choice

Hi there. You posted in the general Street Guardian section so not sure which models you ordered.
SG9665GC
SGZC12SS
SGZC12SG
SGZC12RC

Is your hard wire goal to keep things neat or to power the cameras while parked and away?

I know great installers in San Francisco but not sure of southern Cali. I'd use Yelp to find a local car audio installer who should be able to handle a DashCam hard wire kit no problem.

Hi Pier 28! We ordered two SG9665GC. The goal is really just to keep things neat. If I reach out to audio installers will they be willing to install even though I will not be buying the camera from them? Also, what is a fair price for such a job? Thank you again!

You will want to get 2 of the CELL POWER CPUSB01 hard wire kits. That will neaten things right up! :) Price for install should be around $75-$125 depending on location and level of service they give etc. Of course some installers won't be thrilled when you don't buy anything from them, but any decent place won't turn away a job. There are currently no physical shop Street Guardian retailers / installers in California but we hope to change that in the near future. Feel free to let us know who you went with and we'll reach out to them for more information on doing more business with Pier28 / Street Guardian.

You will want to get 2 of the CELL POWER CPUSB01 hard wire kits. That will neaten things right up! :) Price for install should be around $75-$125 depending on location and level of service they give etc. Of course some installers won't be thrilled when you don't buy anything from them, but any decent place won't turn away a job. There are currently no physical shop Street Guardian retailers / installers in California but we hope to change that in the near future. Feel free to let us know who you went with and we'll reach out to them for more information on doing more business with Pier28 / Street Guardian.

Awesome! Do we need 2 of those hardwire kits for each car or just one for each? (Just making sure :D)

We will let you know who ends up doing the job for us! Thank you again!

what hardware kit will be needed for a SGZC12SS? want to power the cam while parked and away.

thank you

The package only includes a cigarette charger which means the cam won't be powered while the car is off?(it is a VW Jetta) if this is the case I will need to hook it up with the main circuit?

The package only includes a cigarette charger which means the cam won't be powered while the car is off?(it is a VW Jetta) if this is the case I will need to hook it up with the main circuit?

the camera is 12v powered, you could cut the plug off, you don't have to use the cig plug, that's just a convenience thing, if you want to wire to a circuit which is permanently live though then you would want to use something with timer and voltage cutoff like a Multi Safer, Vico Powerplus or similar that will cut power if your battery starts running down, the cameras don't draw a lot of power but a constant parasitic draw on your battery when the car isn't running will shorten the life of your battery

Back