hardwire kit never power off 0906

tinman

Reaction score
Country
United States
First off, everything was working beautifully. The parking guard work, the motion detect work, the trip voltage setting work. Now, after a week of use, the hardwire kit will not stop supplying power to the cam ever.

How do I I know? The car is park inside a driveway with lock gate. For this, it didn't make sense to have the parking guard active or the motion detect active. So both the parking guard and motion detect was set to OFF. But, after turning off the car, the cam continue to record, for over 13hours. I yank out the SD card and look at the whole 13hours video of the car parked in the driveway.

Before someone says that it was in parking guard mode, it's not. The whole 13hours is in 1080p. And yes, I also tried the RESET button. That didn't help

upload_2017-10-8_17-0-51.png

Then just for kicks, I yank the USB cable from the cam, to ensure the cam is absolutely power off. Making sure the car in not in ACC mode, simply just didn't plug the car key into the steering wheel column, plug the USB cable back to the cam (at this point, it should not power on since, well, parking guard mode off, and no ACC signal), the cam power on.

At this point, I have one hardwire kit that stop working and now another hardwire kit that will not stop supply power to the cam. With so much issues, I'm going back to the old USB charger. At least with that, when the engine turns off, the cam will also turn off.

Make that three hardwire kits went bad. Two for me and one for my friend. All three kit were part of the Veckle bundle.

Now up to four hardwire kits that went bad. A Civic, TL, Sienna, and Lexus.

Now up to four hardwire kits that went bad. A Civic, TL, Sienna, and Lexus.

might be best to try and get some of the faulty ones back to @Veckle DashCam so they can send to @Rayman.Chan to inspect in case it's some component failure that is causing the problem, I'm sure they'd want to rectify it if there's an issue there

I'm still having issues with mine also. It will record constantly sometimes when engine off. It has acted up in so many different ways now I have lost track. Resetting to factory defaults on camera did not help either.

Which hardwire kits are they? Do they have the 4 voltage options for battery protection?

Purchased mine from Veckle on Amazon. Can't look at it right now but believe it has the 4 voltage settings.

What firmware version are you running?

FIRMWARE_20170829

@speuk Did you have a chance to test my hardwire kit with your mini0906? How about its performance?
We wonder if it is the batch problem or it is the IC design problem?

Yes I have tested 2 of the 3 hardwire kits and so far no problems.

Interestingly my parking guard did not turn on at all today. I suspect this was due to battery voltage. 2 days parked at the rail station with only 4 miles of driving inbetween not giving battery a chance to recover. I will test again tomorrow and maybe drop protection voltage down to 12.2v

Tested parking guard again yesterday and was perfect, parked at station all day, parking guard functioned as expected, drove home perfect recording, parking guard then back on during the evening until I shut it down when parked in the garage :)

Tested parking guard again yesterday and was perfect, parked at station all day, parking guard functioned as expected, drove home perfect recording, parking guard then back on during the evening until I shut it down when parked in the garage :)
It is nice to hear that!:)

@tinman Firstly, you should choose parking guard on setting menu. Secondly, please kindly make sure whether the parking guard hardwire kit is connected successfully. If installation is successful, the camera can work normally either it power on or off when vehicle engine turns off. We suggest that you could install the parking guard hardwire kit under instruction of professional person or 4S shop clerk.

hi tinman,
I just got back to office today to review DCT.

from your 1# post I blieve you have a mis-understanding of the Parking Guard function.
both the parking guard and motion detect was set to OFF.

for me, the Parking Guard is used to protect my vehicle when it is parked at steet corner, I don't want any passer by scratch the vehicle lacquer with a key, or another vehicle hit mine when the driver parking it.
If the camera only power on when hit by another vehicle, then it will record nothing because the culprit will run away before the camera start recording.
I need the camera record all the time, 24*365; of course consider the storage capacity I want the camera record low resolution and low fps video but must record high fps video when there is anyone pass by.

this is how this Parking Guard Hardwire Kit working:
when the engine is on, the PG hardwire kit will give a "working" signal to 0906 to ask for a normal recording (1080P30+1080P30 and so on)
when the engine stop, the PG hardwire kit will send a "standby" signal to 0906;
-------if the Pakring Guard is set to OFF, 0906 will ingnore the "standby" signal and continue recording as normal;
-------if the Parking Guard is set to ON, 0906 will enter Parking Guard mode, and record low fps video 720P2
-------------once something pass by or get hit, 0906 will detect it and turn to high fps 720P30 recording;
-------------if no motion anymore, the 0906 will return to 720P2 recording after 10 seconds;
when the engine is turn on again, 0906 will get "working" signal and switch to 1080P30+1080P30

maybe it is not easy to understand, so I made this sketch to make it easier:
parking guard.jpg
PG means Parking Guard

Last edited:
the ABOVE image, works only on mini 0906 with a exclusive Parking Guard hardwire kit, also you need to connect the RED cable to constant battery power and YELLOW to ACC signal circuit.

if you want the camera works as using a cigar charger (turn off once the engine stop), please connect the RED cable to ACC signal circuit and ignore YELLOW one.

Back