hardwire kit never power off 0906

This is a double edge sword. It will provide better battery protection but may result in longer periods of camera without power as it may require an engine start to trigger wake up..

that's how it should be though, what BMW do is the exception rather than the rule so the first version may be better for your particular needs, for everyone else a higher restart voltage is far better protection

upload_2017-10-26_15-37-33.png

Manually switch to allow going between parking mode and dumb dash cam mode. This way I dont' have to manually turn off the parking guard through the CAM menu when car is parked in the drive way. Also this will allow an easy way to power cycle the hardwire kit.

Yes that exactly what I have done on one of mine. ✔

HI there guys,
It is not a smart question but need to ask.
Why for this switch the yellow cable is connected at all?
If i install the on/off switch on a red cable only, wouldn't it do what needs to be done for that purpose?

No you need yellow cable as it triggers the parking mode

My mistake instead of colors I should use Constant and Parking.
So I would just install an On/Off switch on the Constant cable whichever color it is to switch off the Parking mode.
The other (Acc) cable would always be connected (bypassing the switch).

The constant should toggle between Acc and Constant. Tinman has provided a diagram on page 2

@speuk , would your connection be something like this?

View attachment 33915

Dumb question... but how are you splitting the hardware kit? I'm not clear on how the toggle switch gets wired and tied into the fuse box. Are there two separate fusetaps. I would appreciate a clearer description of how it's all physically wired. I don't follow the diagram. Thx

Dumb question... but how are you splitting the hardware kit? I'm not clear on how the toggle switch gets wired and tied into the fuse box. Are there two separate fusetaps. I would appreciate a clearer description of how it's all physically wired. I don't follow the diagram. Thx
Yes two fuse taps, one connects to always on power and the other to ignition switched (accessory) power. The toggle switch simply switches the constant lead from the power supply between the constant fuse tap and the acc fuse tap, or to put it another way it joins the red and yellow leads together and connects them to the acc supply so they both only get power when the ignition is on.

Back