Hardwire kit not turning dashcam on, but cig cable is.

bthology

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi. So I just spent half the day installing the hardwire kit and clipping cable ties in impossible spots.
The hardwire kit lights up red fine. However my dashcam isn't turning on at all.
I've checked the cables and they're getting 12.5v, the module set to the lowest (11.8?)
After i checked the 4 pins at the GPS dock. They showed totally different voltages to what my cigarette usb shows. Ie. 3.6v the cig shows about 5v.
Anyone have this issue?

Sure did and triple checked both red and yellow wires were receiving over 12v. Could it be something interfering and causing voltage drop from the 5v buck converter?, it is passing along near a speaker

Just checked the grounds and measured again ( the first and last pin on the gps mount.
Exact is 4.2v with the hard wire in and 5.2v with the cigerette usb.

Have you tried powering with the included 12V car adapter and Viofo USB power cable to ensure the camera works properly?

Yes, it works fine with the usb cable and cigarette lighter socket provided.
I opened the HW unit up tonight and measured voltage from the board coming out. 4.28v and 3v.
So it's definitely not the cable.
I was going to use buck converter to replace it, but now realising that the acc converts to 3ish volts, i just need a replacement it seems.

Back