Hardwire Kit on a Start/Stop equipped vehicle

gRoberts84

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have a Rexing V1 and a Nextbase DA5-HW Hardwire kit, which when hooked up to my start/stop equipped Skoda Octavia (2017), would regularly fail to remain powered up when first starting the engine.

When starting, you will see the charging/power light come in for a short period, and then turn off. Causing the camera to power up and start recording, but then shutdown due to low battery.

At this point, the accessory which the hardwire kit is piggy backing, works perfectly fine (rear windscreen wiper.)

Then, when the engine then stops (at lights etc), after a short period, the power light comes back on and the camera starts back up. Where it will remain working, regardless of how many times the engine starts/stops, until I turn the ignition off.

As the weather is now a lot colder, the engine won't stop during my usual commute and this means that ultimately I'm driving without my camera on.

I'm replacing the Skoda Octavia with a newer model in the next week, but imagine nothing has changed, so after any thoughts on whether it could be the car, the hard wire kit, or something in between?

Note, when the same setup was in my non-start/stop equipped car, it worked flawlessly.

What model dash cam do you have?

How long does the battery last after a 2 hour charge?

Rexing V1 and approximately 1-2 minutes.

Oh yes, sorry - completely missed that in the first email, sorry. Can't say for certain but sounds like the battery needs charging, quote from Amazon below re battery.

"
  • Safety First: High Quality Li-polymer 3.7v 320mah battery can bear high/low temperature, with official MSDS report and the most strict PONY Lab Certificate (Tested: 6+ hours in 170°F, 6+ hours in -40°F)"

Back