Hardwire kit problems

sujaykadalage

Reaction score
Country
United States
I recently bought a Nextbase 522GW and a Nextbase rear view camera.

I hardwired the camera using the Nextbase hardwire kit, it worked great for a 30 mins or so and then the camera shut off due to low battery. The blue LED isn’t turning on.
I checked the LED on the voltage regulator before turning the camera on and the input was correct and the output was fine too.

I returned the hardwired kit and bought a new one. Connected it to the switched power fuse and checked the input, the blue LED was flashing. Then I connected it to the camera and turned it on and then the solid blue LED. However the camera shuts off again in 2 mins. The blue LED was dead again.

However I observed that the hardwire kit was working just fine with just the 522GW. The regulator stopped working after I added the rearview camera to the module.

Is the total power consumption more than 2A which the regulator is rated for?

Does anybody else have the same issue?

I tried using the cigarette lighter adapter provided with the camera and the camera doesn't turn on. The cigarette lighter socket is working (I checked with my other devices).
I connected the camera to the PC and it turned on.

I think all these problems started after I added the rearview camera module. Any solution?

I recently bought a Nextbase 522GW and a Nextbase rear view camera.

I hardwired the camera using the Nextbase hardwire kit, it worked great for a 30 mins or so and then the camera shut off due to low battery. The blue LED isn’t turning on.
I checked the LED on the voltage regulator before turning the camera on and the input was correct and the output was fine too.

I returned the hardwired kit and bought a new one. Connected it to the switched power fuse and checked the input, the blue LED was flashing. Then I connected it to the camera and turned it on and then the solid blue LED. However the camera shuts off again in 2 mins. The blue LED was dead again.

However I observed that the hardwire kit was working just fine with just the 522GW. The regulator stopped working after I added the rearview camera to the module.

Is the total power consumption more than 2A which the regulator is rated for?

Does anybody else have the same issue?

I tried using the cigarette lighter adapter provided with the camera and the camera doesn't turn on. The cigarette lighter socket is working (I checked with my other devices).
I connected the camera to the PC and it turned on.

I think all these problems started after I added the rearview camera module. Any solution?
Hi Sujaykadalage,

That's an interesting one. Please could you tell me what firmware the 522GW is currently running and what SD card you're using? Thanks.

Regards,
Millie- Nextbase

Back