Hardwire Kit Questions

00 Scrub

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, I am in the process of hardwiring my A119 v3 to my 2005 TSX. I am using the Viofo 3 wire hardwire kit. I however am not getting power to the dashcam. I have spliced a fuse tap to the Bat+ line from the hardwire kit box put the fuse tap into fuse number 32 labeled "ACC" on the fuse box diagram. This provides 12V when the ignition key is put into ACC. The other end of power cable is plugged into a GPS base. I have not spliced the yellow wire labeled "ACC" from the hardwire kit box to anything as there is no room for the fuse tap in the fusebox. I have the OEM 7.5A fuse on the slot closest to the blades and a 2A fuse in the other slot.
See:

Does anyone have any ideas? Can I use the hardwire kit with only the Bat+ line? Do I need to change any settings on the dashcam>

The dashcam works when plugged into a cigarette lighter adapter.

Thanks!

Both the red and yellow wire need to be connected for the kit to power the camera.

Ah OK. I guess my only option is to splice the ACC and BAT+ cables to Fuse 32. Anyone have any ideas about finding fuse taps that clear adjacent fuses?

Thanks

Can’t you wire the Bat+ to something like #6 which is the interior light which should always have power and ACC to #32 so that you have wired it correctly then just set the cutout voltage in the hard wire kit to the highest and disable parking mode in the cam.

That way you have it wired correctly should you ever want to need parking mode in the future.

I had to turn my fuse tap upside down and then it cleared. (MINI Cooper)

I can't fit the fuse tap into #6 because it would hit the fuses in #4 and #5. Perhaps I could use fuse #13. Does anyone have any idea what the AS P/SEAT (REC) circuit is?

Velvet foot, I think flipping it around might work for fuses #33, #22, and #11. I've got to see if #33 is powered on my car. I don't really feel like plugging into the SRS fuse would be a good idea. I also doubt the wiper has 12V supplied at all times.

Thanks for the help!

Back