Hardwire Kit

Luke9

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 412gw
Dose the hardwire kit from the Nextbase 412GW work with the 522GW and rear camera?

Hi there,

No, the Series 1 Hard Wire Kit will not supply adequate power for a Series 2 Cam + Rear Cam. I'd recommend purchasing the Series 2 Hard Wire Kit for full functionality.

If there's anything else I can do to help, please don't hesitate to get in contact.

Regards,
Millie- Nextbase

Dose the hardwire kit from the Nextbase 412GW work with the 522GW and rear camera?
Yes it will work, both cameras have the same power requirements, as stated by Nextbase in their manuals.
I've used a series 1 hardwire kit since day of release, and no issues yet, and others have too, in another thread.

But be aware that that's going against NextBase's recommendation. Up to you.

If both the series 1 and 2 have the same connector, how can we tell them apart? I got a hardwire kit when I purchased my series 2 cam, and I have had weird issues that I suspected were related to power. Is it possible I was sent a series 1 hardwire kit? A random store employee would never know not to match a series 1 hardwire kit with a series 2 cam. How can we confirm which series hard wire kit we have???

The series 1 hardwire kit has a straight end to the connector, the newer one has a right angled end to the connector.
As far as they go, they both have the same power output, and the cameras have the same power draw, so no real difference.

Back