Hardwire or Blackvue Battery Pack (B112)?

runtohell121

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo & Vantrue - too many to list
Recently purchased a fairly new (2013) BMW X1 and not too sure which direction to go for powering dash cam. I would like to hardwire with potentially having parking mode for some dash cams (Viofo A129, Goluk T3, etc.).. But knowing this is a BMW, they're known for throwing a lot of error when battery is too low. So at the moment, I'm trying to figure out what are good options for the car; either hardwire or go with a battery pack.

Dash cams I'm considering using: Viofo A129; Goluk T3 (2 of them), Viofo A119S + Goluk T3 or ddpai mini 2; mix and match between them...

How long would a Blackvue B-112 battery pack last with a dual channel system like Viofo A129 or 2 Goluk T3?

Recently purchased a fairly new (2013) BMW X1 and not too sure which direction to go for powering dash cam. I would like to hardwire with potentially having parking mode for some dash cams (Viofo A129, Goluk T3, etc.).. But knowing this is a BMW, they're known for throwing a lot of error when battery is too low. So at the moment, I'm trying to figure out what are good options for the car; either hardwire or go with a battery pack.

Dash cams I'm considering using: Viofo A129; Goluk T3 (2 of them), Viofo A119S + Goluk T3 or ddpai mini 2; mix and match between them...

How long would a Blackvue B-112 battery pack last with a dual channel system like Viofo A129 or 2 Goluk T3?
I've had 2 Goluk T3s before and powered them using an "Anypower T Plus". When I would go to work, I would get there at 6am and would get off at 330pm. They would still be going. I've also had it last for 12+ hours. It just depends on where you're parking and how much activity there will be for the cameras to wake up outnofnosrking mode and start recording again. With the B112 you should have no problem with over 12+ hours parking mode.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I've had 2 Goluk T3s before and powered them using an "Anypower T Plus". When I would go to work, I would get there at 6am and would get off at 330pm. They would still be going. I've also had it last for 12+ hours. It just depends on where you're parking and how much activity there will be for the cameras to wake up outnofnosrking mode and start recording again. With the B112 you should have no problem with over 12+ hours parking mode.

I just looked at Anypower T Plus and it's like a 15,600mAh battery pack, whereas the Blackvue B112 is a 3,000mAh; not sure how long that would last. My usual need for parking is about 9 hours for work.

I just looked at Anypower T Plus and it's like a 15,600mAh battery pack, whereas the Blackvue B112 is a 3,000mAh; not sure how long that would last. My usual need for parking is about 9 hours for work.
It will power that just fine. I had no issues powering my Goluks for that long. Now I'm changed over to Blackvue DR590 2ch non wifi model.

Back