Hardwire parking mode

jonkl

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Guys, new dash cam owner.
Just recently installed this dual channel dash cam in my car.
When in parking mode, after the shutdown timer has expired and cam turned off. Can you power the cam back on by just pressing the power button on the cam? Or do you need to restart the car again to turn on the cam?
Thanks

you can power it back on manually but keep in mind it will come on in normal recording mode not timelapse so the timer will apply, the voltage cut still will though

you can power it back on manually but keep in mind it will come on in normal recording mode not timelapse so the timer will apply, the voltage cut still will though
If I can't power it back on manually, does that mean a connection issues?

On a separate question, one of my other car that installed this hardwire as well. It works when car engine is shut and keep recording.
Selected 3 wire power, and it has the parking monitor and shutdown time options in menu, but when I clicked parking monitor, mesg popped up "SGDCHW required" .
But it's already hardwired....

It will be connected wrong if you can't access the parking menu options
But it has constant power supply, so what could be wrong? I can see it in the menu, just can't access it. And I can and have select 3 wire power supply

have you power cycled the ignition since install and setup? i find that as well sometimes and ignition cycle fixes it.
if not then possible wired wrong, for ignition and constant power wrong way around.

yellow wire needs to be to a permanent power source, red to an accessory switched source, when both have power the camera will let you access the parking menus, if you can't access it then both power wires are not active

Will try to check it later today, parent drove the car out now. Thanks

So apparently you can only access Parking mode and timer when engine is turned on? Is that new after the firmware update?

So apparently you can only access Parking mode and timer when engine is turned on? Is that new after the firmware update?

key needs to be on yes, if you turn the key off there is no ACC power, both power lines need to be active to access the parking mode menus

Back