Hardwire problem

lewvndowski

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hi!

I just bought a set with cables for my viofo a119s with such a "thief" for fuse box. I connected everything to the fuse from the cigarette lighter (20A), turn on the ignition, put the multimeter on the cable, go the second one on the minus and I have 12 volts, great. Now it would be nice to connect the rest. So. I am connecting a hardwire kit, when I touch the metal with a minus cable, there are tiny sparks, everything is ok. I connect everything, put the cable into my dashcam but nothing happens. As if there was no electricity at all. I checked everything a few times, everything is well connected, the cable looks fine. The worst thing is that I can not measure the voltage at the end of the mini usb cable. It seems to me that the problem lies on the side of the cable that just does not work, or the electronics that are connected to it. Has anyone had a similar problem? I would be very happy if someone would advise me.

Did you connect the ground wire to a proper true ground nut/bolt? You should explain what you did with each wire, by telling every step you performed, it gives the information necessary to diagnose and respond with a possible answer.

if it's a hardwire cable that has a low voltage cutoff you may need to start the vehicle first, they need to see a rise in voltage to turn on the first time

I tried to explain in the first post, I will make a drawing.

n94RV4p.png

I used this hardwire

Original-VIOFO-Hardwire-Cable-0801-A119-A119S-A118-A118C-A118C2-B40-Car-Camera-DVR-Hard-wire.jpg

if it's a hardwire cable that has a low voltage cutoff you may need to start the vehicle first, they need to see a rise in voltage to turn on the first time

Really? After connecting the whole set I tried only on the ignition, i didn't start the engine.

Here is my fuses card, maybe someone has an idea to connect it somewhere else?

sicherungsblatt-56134.jpg

Sorry for my poor english.

Oh... So in that case, it looks like everything was well connected? If I knew before. Now it's a bit too late and too cold to do it, and at -10 degrees Celsius it's a bit uncomfortable :) Thank you! I will write tomorrow whether it worked!

After turning on the engine everything works as it should. Thank you very much!!!

Back