Hardwire problem

R1KSU

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Zerogogo R2. Zerogogo RW100. Mini0906. Viofo A129
Hi, I've just bought a new bike and it has no 12v battery... Its a Zero FSX, electric bike!
I have found a spare 12v feed, so ignition live only, I'm sure I just put the live and acc wires together to power the camera and it will work just the same as plugging a cigarette lighter socket in a car?
Can someone confirm please?

Can someone confirm please?
Yes, that is how I use it on my bicycle which also has no 12V battery.

Note: You must connect the yellow acc wire, otherwise it appears dead!

Post some video when it is done...

Instead of the bike having a battery, the battery now has a bike attached. What a time to be alive.

There have been attempts at powering bikes with everything except nuclear power. With today's battery and motor technology this method has become viable now (y) and in some places is still deemed a 'bicycle' so you aren't paying road tax or liability insurance or needing special licensing while getting the benefits of 2-wheeled freedom and fun :cool: There's really nothing new about the concept, even hub 'motors' have been done before Megola motorcycle

Phil

SawMaster I am paying insurance, and as far as a push bike goes, this small Zero does 85mph and has headlights and brake lights, something a pushbike lacks.

Pushbikes lack the 85MPH part mostly. I once gathered a radar speeding ticket (actually a written warning) for doing 43MPH downhill on an old borrowed Fuji which had been set up for racing. That's very fast for a pushbike even today :cool:

Not sure what the road rules are for electric bikes here, but they are not allowed on "bike trails" paved or unpaved, nor in 'bike lanes' directly adjacent to vehicle lanes. I don't think the latter is much enforced but the former is. No tax or licensing though ;)

Phil

The way most bikers make their bikes even louder fiddling with the exhaust, i can only assume they find silent electric bikes pretty "gay",,,,,, when in fact is is the other way around.
At least according to one south park episode. :)

We were discussing E-bikes for a bit on the way out to pick up my SO's new-to-her (non-E) bike.

We'll be interested when the electrics can get about 200 miles on a "tank," and can be refueled/recharged as or almost as quickly and conveniently as a gas vehicle.

By "almost as" I would possibly be open to a 5 or so minute charging time. I'm not going to hang out for 15, 30 or more minutes while I wait for a recharge.

Unfortunately this isn't likely to happen, short of a revolution in battery technology. The energy density just isn't there, nor is the ability to restore it in a reasonable time. So, I'll keep my Otto cycle machines until then.

That's largely my issue with electrics as well, when I can hammer out 900km+ in a day on a regular bike and can hit maybe 400km in the same time frame on an electric it's just not worth the price premium on it either.

Long distance and remote location use is always going to be the bane of EV's in every form. IC engines will be in use here in the US for the foreseeable future simply because of the large distances we have between places and how remote many of them are. Motor fuel is easily portable; electrical power isn't.

Phil

Oh it's unavoidable but unless I want to own a second bike for day to day I am stuck. When we replace my wifes car will will probably go electric but at least one of our vehicles has to have range too.

Yeah I'm not buying an electric car either until ...same thing I said above.

Tesla has made great strides toward making the EV practical, but still, 30 minutes to an hour, even at a supercharger? Hard pass.

I have a Renault Zoe 50 KW which can get 250 mile range, I recently did a 650 mile trip and electric cost £30 :)
I only bought My Zero FXS as a commuter bike, which it absolutly amazing at.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R1KSU MT1 1
Back