Hardwired A129 Duo in Lexus ES300h

unrecognized88

Reaction score
Country
United States
Finally got around to installing the dash cam into my wife’s 2014 Lexus ES300h this past weekend and set the cut off at 12.2V if I remember correctly. Reversed into a parking spot, disconnected the rear camera, and shut the car off at 7:45pm. It is now 50 hours later and the dash cam is still recording. Is this normal? I thought it would go for max 24 hours.

I am not familiar with them, but i dont think there also is a timer function on the viofo cameras ( if so it should be in the camera and not the hardwire kit )

Finally got around to installing the dash cam into my wife’s 2014 Lexus ES300h this past weekend and set the cut off at 12.2V if I remember correctly. Reversed into a parking spot, disconnected the rear camera, and shut the car off at 7:45pm. It is now 50 hours later and the dash cam is still recording. Is this normal? I thought it would go for max 24 hours.
Without the rear camera it will use approximately 50% less power, so with a fully charged battery, 50 hours is perfectly possible. You may not get another 50 hours after driving 20 minutes though, you will need a long drive to get the battery back to 100% full, when people suggest 24 hours it is probably based on recharging the battery for something like a 40 minute drive.

Without the rear camera it will use approximately 50% less power, so with a fully charged battery, 50 hours is perfectly possible. You may not get another 50 hours after driving 20 minutes though, you will need a long drive to get the battery back to 100% full, when people suggest 24 hours it is probably based on recharging the battery for something like a 40 minute drive.

Interesting... the very first day that I installed the A129 Duo in my own car, I only got about 16 hours of recording time with only the front cam recording. This was with a non AGM battery that was not fully charged up (I just recently charged it back up to 100% two weeks ago, but have yet to let the HWK shut the cam off. I've just been swapping out battery packs).

Interesting... the very first day that I installed the A129 Duo in my own car, I only got about 16 hours of recording time with only the front cam recording. This was with a non AGM battery that was not fully charged up (I just recently charged it back up to 100% two weeks ago, but have yet to let the HWK shut the cam off. I've just been swapping out battery packs).
My maths was a bit wrong there, it takes about 50% more if you add the rear camera, but my last post should have read about 33% less power!

Normal. It runs in one of my other cars for days. Depends on the battery health, how many parasitic draws are draining battery, etc. 12.2V literally means when the battery hits 50%, the camera shuts off. Before then it can continue recording until the 50% threshold is met.

Back