Hardwired NT96658 Dashcam 170° 1080P WiFi/WDR/MOV/H.264/parking mode + Rear View Support for 33 bucs

dirkzelf

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I came accross this dashcam on Ali's express, but there are other sources as well, and I think it's stupid cheap, it even has a rearview support (camera not included), WDR, IMX323, Novatek 96658, 170° view, wifi, parking mode.... I mean come on.... specwise no one can beat that... right?

Or?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ZEE...32836517383.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.WWLPED

Review here:

Something similar but w/o hardwired, instead mini USB power inlet, but I think it is 12V.... not 5V..

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Zee...32826021802.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.WWLPED

Gotta' love the "optical" terms they use to describe the different elements of the lens. :ROFLMAO:

Shrink light?
Rectify light??
Block clutter???
Enhance penetrance????

you photographers and your fancy names for everything :p

They certainly reinforce that old saying, lost in translation

I was gonna' say that. :)

I think I can understand the "optical" concept behind "penetrance" which I assume is meant as "transmission" (of light) but now I'm wondering what "block clutter" means? :D

Street Guardian products are known to be good at blocking clutter from what I hear. :happy:

Any thoughts on the actual product guys, or did you say it al already by stating the obvious about Chinese English....?

Any thoughts on the actual product guys, or did you say it al already by stating the obvious about Chinese English....?

So many of these products look good and have the desired components but that's about as far as it goes. I guess the only way to know is to buy one. You never know. The Aukey DR-02 I bought for 50 bucks is an amazing bargain for an entry level dash cam.

Yes, you're probably right, but have you seen the video review on YouTube? That looked pretty good in my perception. And I like the hardwire connection, and the parking mode.... Maybe I should actually buy me on, for my private car, not the truck, cause hardwired doesn't work there.... Just to set my mind at ease.

Hmm, tough choice.

So many of these products look good and have the desired components but that's about as far as it goes. I guess the only way to know is to buy one. You never know. .

I would agree, a lot of the time it comes down to luck, there are some bargain buys out there if you can deal with a bit of Chinglish

I would agree, a lot of the time it comes down to luck, there are some bargain buys out there if you can deal with a bit of Chinglish

It depends on execution and follow up, as I'm sure you of all people would know. If the firmware isn't up to snuff and the manufacturer moves on to another cheap product without refining the firmware, then you're stuck with your bargain dash cam regardless of the hardware.

One other thing though, do you guys know of any body worn camera that can also be used as a dashcam? I found one specific body cam, the does MOV files and H264, and examples I've seen are really nice. But no auto stop start. It's called F2 or F1 Body security police cam. Cost about 32 bucs, but all setup is done with button actions. Don't like that...

It depends on execution and follow up, as I'm sure you of all people would know. If the firmware isn't up to snuff and the manufacturer moves on to another cheap product without refining the firmware, then you're stuck with your bargain dash cam regardless of the hardware.

firmware is certainly one issue, another is greed gets the better of them and they start looking at ways of making the same looking product cheaper, the G1W used to be a bargain buy that quickly turned sour

One other thing though, do you guys know of any body worn camera that can also be used as a dashcam?

have seen some that had some type of car mount adapter for dashcam use, who makes them and are they any good as a body cam or a dashcam though I really have no idea, not the type of product I really look at

firmware is certainly one issue, another is greed gets the better of them and they start looking at ways of making the same looking product cheaper, the G1W used to be a bargain buy that quickly turned sour

The G1W is a good example. It was essentially a low cost but well executed generic version of the LS-300W and GT-300W. Soon the lens module came glued to the PCB instead of screwed on and the components and manufacturing methods continued to get cheaper and cheaper and more slap-dash until it was no longer the same camera.

Back