hardwired to fusebox with one is always hot, enabled parking mode, dashcam records constantly even when there is no motion?

iceox

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just purchased Crosstour CR900 this week, and installed it today by hardwiring it to fuse box with one that is always "hot".
I enabled parking mode, also enabled G-sensor.

Used hotwire kit "https://www.amazon.com/gp/B07FXJD8W1".

What I want is dashcam ON ONLY when motion detected when my car is OFF until 11.6 volts reaches per hotwire kit instruction, then it should/will cut off power.

But my problem now is dashcam is on ALL THE TIME after i turn off my car. It nonstop records even when there is no motion, and then loop records when max limits reaches.

I am asking what setting should I have if I want when car is off, it wont record unless there is motion detected? This way it will save battery, and wont record and then loop as much.

thanks

does it have a motion detection setting in the menu?
yeah, motion detection setting is on, i choose it to be on per their instruction, but weird enough it on alltime when i turn off my car.

it is actually shown at 6:06min from this youtube video below

cover the sensor so that it is all black and leave it for a bit and see if recording pauses or not

Jokiin, great idea, will try that this week, thank you!

Parking mode.. to record only movement seems to be a major problem for all dash cams to handle. leaves.. wind.. clouds.. lights all move.. AI (artificial intelligence) will eventually decide what movement is important.. but we are a long ways from there.

Parking mode.. to record only movement seems to be a major problem for all dash cams to handle. leaves.. wind.. clouds.. lights all move.. AI (artificial intelligence) will eventually decide what movement is important.. but we are a long ways from there.

although we see a scene from the cameras perspective motion detect is based on changes in contrast so any light source that changes, clouds, filtered light through leaves on a tree etc will trip it up constantly, the little flashing red security light that most vehicles have these days will often keep a camera that uses motion detect running constantly

i currently have it fuse to a regular fuse that only work when car is on, i plan to park in my garage this week w/ it back to hot fuse, and then update, while parking mode is great idea, i may just have to get a better BDP device anyway like this one
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00ZPLSITE

I've been testing a cam which will not enter parking mode. With some cams (maybe all?) it requires no movement for a certain period of time before it switches over. I'm not sure how that function works at a deeper level as I do not normally use it.

Phil

thanks for all the great input guys, this is what crosstour support told me, " If you have been using the hard wire kit, the dash cam is in a long-powered state and you need to manually stop recording. "
So it looks like CR900 isnt smart enough to know when car is shutoff no matter how long it is (I left it there 3 hrs before, and it was just constantly recording, then loop recording), i would need to manually stop recording first when i turn off my car. Then this motion/parking mode would kick in.
I have also tested while "REC" is off when I turn the car off, it would not auto start recording when i turn the car back on.

The sensor is pretty good, it does not constant record for wind/cloud etc regular movements, it records those actual movements that i want except a few, i can live with that.

This means if i want the parking mode on, i would need to manually turn off the record while its in hot fuse. When am back to restart the car, i will then need to manually tap the record button again to get it record when am driving.
If i forget manual stop record when i turn off the car, it would continues record everything, then loop recording and recording because dashcam is in long-powered state.
If i forget manual restart record when i turn car on, it would not record when am driving.

Man, life is struggle, now i need to figure out what i truly want, parking mode on or just forget it, and have it on a non-hot fuse which i wont need to worry about any of those manual tapping...

SawMaster, maybe yours is just like mine, you may need to do all the manual work too, good luck

I think mine may be a defective unit- I need to do more checking with it.

A fair number of people use their cams in "Motion detect" mode while driving. As the car is moving, the cam will be recording because there will be motion relative to the cam. Some cams may stop when sitting a long time at a red light, but will start recording again when you move under the green light. There is usually a short delay when this happens; that time varies by cam model. This may not be a problem for you but it's worth knowing about if you use the cam this way. You can always wave a hand or finger in front of the cam while you're waiting to provide the needed motion to keep the cam recording.

Phil

i tested my motion on before, so even w/ car off, it still continues records at 5 mins interval last week even without motion.
If i manually stop recording when i shutoff my car, this motion detection kicks in, cam will/did records at 10 secs interval per CR900 manual book.

so what i have is what cam says it supposed to do w/o extra explain on motion NEEDS manually stop/restart.

Crosstour is a Chinese domestic market product, you're going to get some different ways of thinking in those types of products, might be better to forget about the parking function and just wire it ignition switched, as long as it does the basics right it might be best just to use it like that

Hi guys.
This is my first post so please be gentle.

I thought I would reactivate the thread as I'm having a problem with my hardwired Crosstour CR900.
I have it hardwired to a hot fuse which provides power when the car is off as I want to monitor my car while being parked in parking lots and public places, clearly because somebody did a hit and run while I was parked and no info left.

I will get to the point:

The dashcam stays on while the ignition/ engine is off which is great but as soon as I start the engine it will switch off and will need a manual restart to come back on. This will happen every time my engine goes off and on (start stop feature on traffic lights etc) and it's driving me crazy.
Oddly enough if I forget to switch it on manually it will automatically go on at the next stop / start sequence and go off at the next. So I'm missing B to C in a A B C D scenario when B and C are traffic lights and the start /stop gets activated. The same thing happens when the dash cam is connected using the normal charger not the hardwire kit.

It seems that my car dips power to all unnecessary kit when cranking the engine, but thought the super-capacitor would take care off that, but even when following this logic it shouldn't power the dash cam up again at the following stop.

I contacted the support but they were clueless to the issue. :(

Thanks in advance

Cez

Back