Hardwired to internal light probs

R1KSU

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Zerogogo R2. Zerogogo RW100. Mini0906. Viofo A129
Hi all first post, I know now after reading through the hardwire parking guard posts that I should have bought a 3 wire hardwire kit for my wifes 0906. I am now ordering the correct kit.
I bought the two wire kit with the fuse adapter, but couldnt get it to work on a permanent live fuse, I think due to the walls around the narrow dash fuse box in her Panda, so I tried to wire it direct into the interior light, even though it was a permanent live, it only worked when the engine was off, so parking mode I presume, anyone know why it would do that? one of the other wires was live only when the light was on.
Question for when the new hardwire kit arrives, Do I set the power off to a delayed time or leave it in the off setting?

Wiring your dashcam (or anything) to go into your interior light means is not the same as wiring it into permanent live. Do not wire your dashcam into permanent live if you only have 2 wires.

When your three wire kit arrives, you will probably have a red wire, and orange (or maybe yellow) wire and a black wire. Black is ground. Red is permanent live and orange / yellow will be switch live. Red should go to a permanent live feed (direct to battery is best, to ensure it is 'clean' permanent live). Black goes to ground on body of car. Yellow would go into something that is switch on with ignition. I find best option is to find fuse that controls cigarette lighter / accessories and then use an 'add-a-circuit' to connect into that without any soldering / wire splicing needed. If you are using parking guard, then I think you leave power off as off.

I bought the 3 wire kit and fitted it thanks. Now I cant get the screen to stay on whilst driving AND turn off when the ignition is turned off, screen power is set to off as is unit power. Do you know which are the best settings?

Back