Hardwired VIOFO A119S V2 with start-stop technology

MyDashCam1

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello I have hardwired my VIOFO A119S V2 into my Toyota with auto start-stop technology.

It appears that every time, engine shuts off with auto start-stop, dashcam continue to record, which is expected BUT when I release the brake and Engine restart, my dashcam also restart as well. I do not recall I had this issue when I was using the provided USB cable to power the unit.

Anyone else experiencing similar symptom?

Hello I have hardwired my VIOFO A119S V2 into my Toyota with auto start-stop technology.

It appears that every time, engine shuts off with auto start-stop, dashcam continue to record, which is expected BUT when I release the brake and Engine restart, my dashcam also restart as well. I do not recall I had this issue when I was using the provided USB cable to power the unit.

Anyone else experiencing similar symptom?
You may need to tap into a different fuse.

Thanks for the reply.

I hard wired it into the cigarette lighter fuse in the interior fuse box, which only sends power when the vehicle is running (hot in start).

Which fuse is recommanded if the car comes with start-stop technology?

You'll need to locate one that's cold when the car is manually turned off and hot when the car's on ACC or ON mode. Do some poking around using a multimeter.

Yes cigarette lighter fuse is hot when the car's on ACC or ON mode.

This is long shot but I am wondering if the Hard Wire Kit itself is causing an issue because it has something called Smart low voltage protection, which suppose to keep the battery from being drained by camera or other.

During the car restart after the auto start-stop, the voltage drops enought to trigger the restarting the Dashcam.

Which kit are you using?

Mine though not an auto start-stop, the A119S does reboot when switching from ACC or ON to ignition. Whereas my SG9665GC (which is also capacitor based) keeps recording.

I've tagged VIOFO in a similar post before, (I'll repeat) if correctable via a firmware update, this should be looked into.

On second thought, IMO its not the kit, low voltage cut-off shouldn't matter either. The behaviour described in my previous post is exactly the same as what you've described, only difference being the start-stop on my car isn't automatic.

Yes cigarette lighter fuse is hot when the car's on ACC or ON mode.

This is long shot but I am wondering if the Hard Wire Kit itself is causing an issue because it has something called Smart low voltage protection, which suppose to keep the battery from being drained by camera or other.

During the car restart after the auto start-stop, the voltage drops enought to trigger the restarting the Dashcam.
Low voltage cut off on that kit is 11.6V. Car may not start if it was going below that every time the car stopped. I'd just try some different fuses.

Thanks for the reply

Until I find alternative fuse. I guess I will disable the auto start-stop every time I start the car.

Thanks for the reply

Until I find alternative fuse. I guess I will disable the auto start-stop every time I start the car.

Dashcam Hard-Wire Kits for ignition on/off control recommend fuse circuits: cig-liter, ACC or radio.
If your vehicle battery is old (4 years+) and weak it could send low voltage reading to kit-sensor causing power on issues.

I don't think its to do with the hardwire kit. Its behaving the same way as some other electricals do when the engine is started a few seconds or so after the ignition is switched on. the stereo in my van does the same, I'll turn the ignition on and the stereo will come on, but then it restarts when I start the engine, in some cars, the headlights go out then come back on

My car is 2017 Toyota and battery should be strong, the car has no issue with multiple Auto Start/Stop during commuting.

I am leaning toward incompatible Hard-Wire kit because when I was using VIOFO supplied USB cable everything worked fine even with Auto Start/Stop.

I can’t believe I am the only VIOFO owner having issue with Auto Start/Stop on Toyota.

Anyway, I even disabled the sound from Dashcam so that it doesn’t annoy me with repeated restart.

Thanks guys

Most cars will shut off all accessories (including radio) when engine is started.

I am not talking about manually starting the car. The problem is when Auto Start/Stop is engaged at stop light.

Radio continue to play during the Auto Start/Stop (engine restart) but I am guessing that there is enough drop in the voltage during that time that Hard wired's Smart low voltage protection is cutting the power for split second which is causing the Dashcam to restart.

I am not talking about manually starting the car. The problem is when Auto Start/Stop is engaged at stop light.

Radio continue to play during the Auto Start/Stop (engine restart) but I am guessing that there is enough drop in the voltage during that time that Hard wired's Smart low voltage protection is cutting the power for split second which is causing the Dashcam to restart.

My car's a 2016 Toyota Rav4 hybrid, also stop/starts . I just hardwired my cameras to cigarette lighter outlet with 12VDC to 5VDC adapters. No problem.

Hello Guys.

The problem has been solved.

I had my Toyota's ECU reprogrammed as part of TSB and one of the fix is reducing the extended crank following the Auto Start/Stop.

Sounds like its not related but now the engine restart is so short that there is no power disruption to the Dashcam.

Hello Guys.

I had my Toyota's ECU reprogrammed as part of TSB and one of the fix is reducing the extended crank following the Auto Start/Stop.

Sounds like its not related but now the engine restart is so short that there is no power disruption to the Dashcam.

Just curious. What Toyota do you have? Others may find your solution helpful.

Hello Guys.

Thanks for the update. My 2017 Highlander is also having the same problem with the dash cam resetting during the autostart

Yes caliblood is correct. I own 2017 Toyota Highlander

Back