Hardwiring 70mai Dash Cam Pro

Amfidiusz

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hello,

I am trying to wire the dashcam in my new car. I took it from my previous vehicle, it worked perfectly there. I connected it in the following way:
- RED power cable to the interior lamps fuse. They work regardless of ignition.
- YELLOW ACC cable to the rear windshield washer. It works only when ignition is on.
- Black to the nearest screw of the compartment.

All I get is the battery low alert and the cam turns off after a minute. I have a feeling I did everything correct and it should work this way. What am I missing?

Attachments

• IMG_20211114_131103.jpg
    IMG_20211114_131103.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20211114_131116.jpg
    IMG_20211114_131116.jpg
    443 KB · Views: 4
You may have a poor grounding point. I'd try moving that wire to a place where you positively have a direct connection to the car chassis, or to somewhere that you can see is being used for grounding with factory wiring. Also worth trying a different fuse for always-on power if moving the ground doesn't help. With the computer-controlled power schemes of today's cars things are not always as they seem to be.

Phil

Thanks. I moved the earth cable to the bolt holding the door, most people recommend placing it there. Doing some tests, I connected the "constant" cable to the lighter fuse with the engine on - the cam was charging properly. Moved it back to the internal lights fuse - works like a charm. But it doesn't go into a parking mode, now. Strangely, while switching the cam off with a button, it says "Going into parking mode" and truns off. Either it's all above me, or the dashcam got broken while moving it from my previous car. In any way, I think it's time to look for a car electrician in the area.

Attachments

• IMG_20211114_150203.jpg
    IMG_20211114_150203.jpg
    357.6 KB · Views: 1
Maybe no need for an electrician yet. With this new info what I'm seeing now is that there is probably an issue with where the yellow wire is connected, as the ground and power do seem OK.

You can check the integrity of the HWK by temporarily moving the yellow wire to where the red is connected. Start the cam and the cam should boot up. Then disconnect the yellow wire only and the cam should enter parking mode.

Today's cars can be a headache when hardwiring a dashcam as the car's computers can do strange things with it's electrical circuits. There's usually somewhere that you can get the necessary behavior at the fusebox but not always. Sometimes inquiring on a car forum specific to your car model can help as every one is different now including some where the same model is intended for sales in other parts of the world. There are aftermarket devices which can be used to overcome these powering issues when nothing else works. If you get really stuck we can go into those devices but they really aren't often needed except with cars using stop/start schemes for the engine. Verify the HWK is good and if so try yellow on other fuses.

Phil

Check your instructions, on many dashcams the RED wire means IGNITION ON and the YELLOW is constant on, I know, makes no sense.
Check it! If you do it wrong your parking mode wont work

Back