Hardwiring and motion sensing (parking mode?)

heiNey

Reaction score
Country
United States
So, I just got the A119 camera from SpyTec.

Does the motion sensing mean the same thing as parking mode? If so, how do I hardwire this so that my car battery doesn't die while it is recording while parked?

I got it hardwired to the same fuse as my cigarette lighter right now, but I'm sure I'll have to change the fuse for parking mode to be used.

Links to products I need would be great.

I'm using this for the wiring right now: https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00MH4ZVHO

For this hadrwire kits, it will not empty the car battery, so don't worry.
For motion detection, it will only record while there is motion.
Also you can use the time-lapse for parking, it will keep recording.

That hardwire kit doesn't look like it has any protection for the battery. It's similar to the one I have. It's just a basic step down transformer to drop the car's 12-14vdc down to a steady 5vdc.

There are several battery drain prevention devices available, just poke around on amazon. Most have a cigarette lighter output so that they are compatible with more dashcams but you could clip the socket and connect the hardwire kit you linked above and it would work perfect without being too bulky.

@viofo - are you saying that the time lapse mode can be automatically activated? That would be great for parking mode when hard wired to constant power.

@viofo could you please explain more about the parking mode the laps mode and do how we need to connect it to switch + ? or steady +?

@viofo could you please explain more about the parking mode the laps mode and do how we need to connect it to switch + ? or steady +?

I am also interested to know more about the parking time lapse.

Why and how would it not empty the battery? I cant see any minimum voltage settings in the manual for the a119? Can you confirm how it works and also can ig be set to automatically turn to parking mode when ignition is off?

Just wondered if you could reply to the queries on this?

Why and how would it not empty the battery? I cant see any minimum voltage settings in the manual for the a119? Can you confirm how it works and also can ig be set to automatically turn to parking mode when ignition is off?
The camera does not automatically turn to parking mode.
There is a protector in the hard wire kits to ensure not empty the battery, we also sold many hard wire kits, seems feedback is OK.

The camera does not automatically turn to parking mode.
There is a protector in the hard wire kits to ensure not empty the battery, we also sold many hard wire kits, seems feedback is OK.
Which hardwire kit do you suggest? Which do you sell?

Hi VIOFO,
I have a question ,with the hard wire kid sold with the A119 ( and connected to a point that delivering 12v when I turn on the car ) is the camera then start recording on his own and don't need interference or manipulation from the driver ? or do I have to start the camera always manually ?
Thanks !

Hi VIOFO,
I have a question ,with the hard wire kid sold with the A119 ( and connected to a point that delivering 12v when I turn on the car ) is the camera then start recording on his own and don't need interference or manipulation from the driver ? or do I have to start the camera always manually ?
Thanks !
Camera will start automatically.

Thank you for your answer ,now I will buy a new A119 with hard wire kit ,now I can be sure the camera is starting to record of his own :)

Thank you for your answer ,now I will buy a new A119 with hard wire kit ,now I can be sure the camera is starting to record of his own :)
I assume your referring to a listing for the A119 that includes a hard wire kit, cause the A119 does not come with a hardware kit from Viofo. Your looking at some kind of package deal?

I assume your referring to a listing for the A119 that includes a hard wire kit, cause the A119 does not come with a hardware kit from Viofo. Your looking at some kind of package deal?

Yes I am looking to buy a package deal, (don't know if its allowed to mention the UK retailer) ,it's from FoxOffer UK
Includes a A119 Camera + GPS Mount + Hardwire Kit Charger for €98 .
And since the UK is still in the EU, no Customs fee and free shipping , if I buy this in China there is €33 customs fee and administration cost coming to it befor I have it in my hands .

I am using now a GeoCross VisionDrive DV4000 for almost 7 years and it is getting some shortcomings ,The GPS is still working fine but the Resolution of the camera is outdated, software is out dated and update's are only available in Korean langwitch.
I did buy it then in Korea ,that was a mistake no service at all ,but they say you learn from your mistakes .

So the A119 camera with GPS looks as a good alternative ,and less expensive.

VIOFO: Please release an update that allows me to turn on Automatic Parking Mode. I have a battery protector. I don't want to have to enable parking mode manually.

So, I just got the A119 camera from SpyTec.

Does the motion sensing mean the same thing as parking mode? If so, how do I hardwire this so that my car battery doesn't die while it is recording while parked?

I got it hardwired to the same fuse as my cigarette lighter right now, but I'm sure I'll have to change the fuse for parking mode to be used.

Links to products I need would be great.

I'm using this for the wiring right now: https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00MH4ZVHO

I have been using this for 24/7 for 3 weeks with no probs!
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/142057985506protection.JPG

Back