Hardwiring for parking mode on Toyota Corolla

timmmt

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys, I have a Toyota Corolla S 2015 and I'm trying to hardwire my BlackSys CF-100 dash cam for parking mode when the ignition is off. I'm using this battery discharge prevention device (Lukas LK-290-12/24VT) and two fuse taps for the ACC and battery power (with a 5A fuse in the top spot). I attached an image of the interior fuse box.

I've attached the red wire fuse tap to the ACC fuse slot and the battery power fuse tap to the STOP fuse on the interior fuse box, and the ground wire to a metal screw on the chassis. The dash cam is working while the ignition is off, but when I try to leave the car it beeps and displays a message to turn off the power. It won't allow me to lock the car until I turn off the LK-290. Any ideas what is causing the issue?

Edit: fuse box image attached.

Attachments

• fuse.jpg
    fuse.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Try a different fuse, first with one wire then the other. Many cars now have computer-controlled power schemes which can act weird- I don't know about yours though.

Phil

Try another fuse, the cars computer is monitoring the load on that circuit. Similar to the warning you get when you leave the headlights on.

I cant see the pic of your fusebox.

Try a different fuse, first with one wire then the other. Many cars now have computer-controlled power schemes which can act weird- I don't know about yours though.

Phil

Try another fuse, the cars computer is monitoring the load on that circuit. Similar to the warning you get when you leave the headlights on.

I cant see the pic of your fusebox.

I uploaded the pic of the fuse box to the original post. I'm not sure which fuse I should use for the hot wire. I am following this guide, except I use a different bdp device: http://www.corollaforum.com/threads/dash-cam-installed-finally.2620/

Try the Sunroof or Washer fuse.

It would be a lot easier to find which fuse is hot with a test light or multimeter.

Try the Sunroof or Washer fuse.

It would be a lot easier to find which fuse is hot with a test light or multimeter.
I was able to get the power issues resolved by removing the fuse tap from the ACC fuse and only using the battery fuse tap in the STOP fuse. Do I even need the ACC wire if all I want to do is have the dash camera recording when the ignition is off or while I'm driving?

How has your setup been working for you. I'm considering to do the same thing in my 09 corolla. Have you had any battery issues?

Back