Hardwiring my dashcams project - some guidance

darky

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm hoping this is the right place to post and that some of you may provide some help to me and others whom are stuck.

I'm currently trying to hardwire 2x "Mini HD720P 140 Degree Wide Angle In Car DVR Dash Camera" and one display for viewing them.

So far, I've gotten my ground setup in the back, see picture (don't worry it will be properly grounded when everything is working) and made a special connector for my fusebox, see picture.

However, I can't get any power out of my fusebox, I've tried with engine on and off, also tried different "outlets" with 5-10amp. I've measured with a multimeter and it doesn't detect any power and the connections are solid, no loose ends.

Any thoughts?

(Images in spoilers due to large size)
[spoil]
IMG_2838.JPG

IMG_2837.JPG
[/spoil]

Do you have reliable ground point?
It is unlikely that there is no one powered fuse in box, if you have interior light that works without car keys try that fuse.
Although i don't necessary know much if your car is modern car with canbus lights or something else hightech systems.

Sabe said:
Do you have reliable ground point?
It is unlikely that there is no one powered fuse in box, if you have interior light that works without car keys try that fuse.
Although i don't necessary know much if your car is modern car with canbus lights or something else hightech systems.
The second image is a picture of a ground that was already in the car so I'm hoping it's solid. I'm assuming it won't give me any proper power without a working ground?

How would I go about to test it?

darky said:
The second image is a picture of a ground that was already in the car so I'm hoping it's solid. I'm assuming it won't give me any proper power without a working ground?

How would I go about to test it?

Well, you need a multimeter, it is very difficult to do any electric work without one.

Second image screws looks strange, you need multimeter to check are they attached to plastic only.
But if these screws was you ground point when you did not find any power from fusebox, then i would say that these screws don't have ground contact.

Back