Hardwiring my VIOFO A129 dashcam

ATP36

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I recently bought an A129 viofo dash cam. I bought hard wiring kit but having trouble deciding if to hardwire it to an accessory fuse or 12 volt fuse. I’m a bit confused when it comes to the parking mode like do I need to have it fully on or if I can have it on ignition switch, I hope this makes sense.

Hello, I recently bought an A129 viofo dash cam. I bought hard wiring kit but having trouble deciding if to hardwire it to an accessory fuse or 12 volt fuse. I’m a bit confused when it comes to the parking mode like do I need to have it fully on or if I can have it on ignition switch, I hope this makes sense.
If you have the 3 wire kit, it's my understanding that to enable parking mode, the yellow wire needs to go to a fuse that powers a component powered when the ACC position is enabled (key or pushbutton). So not something that's hot all the time.

I just bought a hardwiring kit off Amazon it’s got two wires but it still says that it can do park mode on the packaging

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    358.9 KB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    506.7 KB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    385.1 KB · Views: 18
three wires on the kit VIOFO, one being black, red and yellow do I only need to fuse tap the yellow wire what to do about the red? I know the black is the ground

three wires on the kit VIOFO, one being black, red and yellow do I only need to fuse tap the yellow wire what to do about the red? I know the black is the ground
All three wires need to be connected.

Back