hardwiring my viofo A129 duo

Mr. Dave

Reaction score
Country
United States
currently i have my viofo A129 wired in and connected to the cigeratte lighter power supply. This is in my Chrysler 300. I want to hard wire this using the 3 wire system on amazon. I have already hard wired our escape with the same system and it was pretty easy using the fuse taps. Here is my question....my power supply battery and fuses are in the trunk. Will the wiring be long enough to reach to the trunk? Clearly the wiring Im referring to is the power lol. I am thinking about ordering this tommorow but if its not going to work I dont know if I want to waste the money. Can I splice into those wires if needed? Thanks

currently i have my viofo A129 wired in and connected to the cigeratte lighter power supply. This is in my Chrysler 300. I want to hard wire this using the 3 wire system on amazon. I have already hard wired our escape with the same system and it was pretty easy using the fuse taps. Here is my question....my power supply battery and fuses are in the trunk. Will the wiring be long enough to reach to the trunk? Clearly the wiring Im referring to is the power lol. I am thinking about ordering this tommorow but if its not going to work I dont know if I want to waste the money. Can I splice into those wires if needed? Thanks
Might be long enough if you can run the cable through the roof, not sure, but it is easy enough to extend the 12 volt wiring, just add 12 volt automotive cable between the fuse tap and the hardwire kit wires, join them either with another crimp connector, or solder them and use heatshrink sleeving for insulation. Do not extend the USB cable, that will give problems with voltage drop.

Thank You Nigel, you actually answered the next question as well LOL.

Back