Hardwiring on a Audi S5

audis52018

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello Dash Cam forum. I am working on hardwiring my A119s Dash Cam into my fuse box on my 2018 Audi S5.

I've uncovered my fuse box, which is under the foot rest pedal on the driver side. I would like to go with a fuse that's always on, which I think would be the horn fuse. I purchased this fuse kit. Here is the fuse breakdown from my car manual. I used the add-a-fuse and hooked everything up including the ground but the cam is still not powering up. Am I using the right fuse on my car or is something missing from my setup? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Go with Lumbar Support instead. It should be always-on. If you pull the key from the car, and you can adjust the support in the seat, the seat is always powered and the lumbar is usually always-on.

At least in my 3 Audi's they work even when the car is locked. Easy to tap the power from.

Did you put any fuses in the addafuse and did you earth it properly Unless that box cuts the voltage off at a certain level you should wire it to a fuse that is only on when engine running otherwise you will flatten your battery. On looking closer I se it says it does but at what voltage

Last edited:
Back