Hardwiring Question

super max

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
BlackVue DR750X-2CH Plus on Blendmount
I'm getting ready to install a V139 2ch into a new car. If I want to hardwire into the fuse box but have Parking Mode always disabled, is the HK3-C kit the best way to go or is there a 2-wire kit?
On the HK3 would yellow wire go to ACC (switched battery) with red wire left disconnected to electrically disable Parking Mode?

Alternatively, if I wire the HK3 for Parking Mode with Red & Yellow properly connected, can I trust that Parking Mode will always be inactive if disabled in the App?
I sometimes leave the car in remote locations for several days where the big danger would be returning to find the battery dead.

Thanks for any info. My last car had front/rear Mobius cameras so the V139 is a big change for me.

Last edited:
Alternatively, if I wire the HK3 for Parking Mode with Red & Yellow properly connected, can I trust that Parking Mode will always be inactive if disabled in the App?
I sometimes leave the car in remote locations for several days where the big danger would be returning to find the battery dead.
If the parking mode is disabled in the settings, then it will not turn on.
To prevent the battery from being completely discharged, there is a voltage regulator
on the НКЗ unit at which voltage is no longer supplied to the DVR.
You can set 11.8V, 12.0V, 12.2V, 12.4V.

If the parking mode is disabled in the settings, then it will not turn on.
To prevent the battery from being completely discharged, there is a voltage regulator
on the НКЗ unit at which voltage is no longer supplied to the DVR.
You can set 11.8V, 12.0V, 12.2V, 12.4V.
While not large there is a constant power draw from the HK units. They need the power to be "smart"
HK3 ~@12V ~9mA Without the Dashcam connected. Could be more when the dashcam is fitted. This will flatten a battery, granted over a period of time.
To the newcomers keep in mind that Lead Acid batteries don't like supplying small currents over long periods of time. It damages them. Reduce lifetime.

The point is that the unit is always drawing power.

The point is that the unit is always drawing power.
Is there a way then to operate the HK3 from ACC power only, no connection to always ON battery? It would function only as a 12v -> 5v converter. Or is there a useable 2-wire kit for USB-C?

You can also connect the red wire through the switch to de-energize the НКЗ when the car is parked for a long time.
This is in case you need parking mode in the future.
24756763.jpg

You can also connect the yellow and red wires together and connect to the ACC terminal and then everything will work for you as you want.
A119v3 worked for me with this connection for 2 years and no problems were noticed.

Is there a way then to operate the HK3 from ACC power only, no connection to always ON battery? It would function only as a 12v -> 5v converter. Or is there a useable 2-wire kit for USB-C?
s-l1600.jpg
+
Adapter_micro_USB_Buchse_USB_C_Stecker_Schwarz.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg
+
s-l1600 (2).jpg

This looks like some very nice hardware indeed :) Have you used it yourself, and what do you think of it?

Phil

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P A139 5
M A139 10
Back