Hardwiring to low profile micro fusebox

Steve698

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Just about to hardwire our new Viofo A129 and looking at the fusebox it's the low profile micro type (really small) the box has a cover on it that sits flat against the fuses so there is no way it will fit back on once the add-a-fuse is put in there. I don't want to leave the box uncovered so was thinking off cutting a small piece of the cover out where the fuses are put back, only problem with that is the fuse ratings and uses are part of it and I would be cutting a couple of them out by doing this. Anyone else had this problem or got any better ideas ?

Hi,
Just about to hardwire our new Viofo A129 and looking at the fusebox it's the low profile micro type (really small) the box has a cover on it that sits flat against the fuses so there is no way it will fit back on once the add-a-fuse is put in there. I don't want to leave the box uncovered so was thinking off cutting a small piece of the cover out where the fuses are put back, only problem with that is the fuse ratings and uses are part of it and I would be cutting a couple of them out by doing this. Anyone else had this problem or got any better ideas ?

I just wrapped the cover with "Saran wrap" and store it in the glove box.

would something inside the glovebox rest against the fuse panel if there was no cover?

if no then the cover is likely just cosmetic, typically fuse panels have no covers over them as they're normally out of sight

would something inside the glovebox rest against the fuse panel if there was no cover?

if no then the cover is likely just cosmetic, typically fuse panels have no covers over them as they're normally out of sight
Would be extremely unlikely, fuse box is behind and up on the left, maybe if I give a lift to an octopus a tentacle could touch it but otherwise no.

And leave the box uncovered ?

Yup. On my car, (RAV4 H) the fuse box is mounted upside down on left of steering wheel behind the dash. Have to keep the cover handy just in case I have to find fuse location.:sick:

Back