Hardwiring

in2ndo

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi All.

So I’ve sold my F800 to my son.. and it seems the shop where he had it installed. Didn’t do it correctly. The cam is not going into parking mode.
Do any of you guys have a link to the correct way of doing this? So that he can take it back to shop and have it corrected.

Thanks.

Check their work, if they've wired it up the wrong way it will work once they switch the wires over

In their defence, some of these hardwire leads for this model were incorrectly labelled so it may be no fault of theirs if it is wired the wrong way

Check their work, if they've wired it up the wrong way it will work once they switch the wires over

In their defence, some of these hardwire leads for this model were incorrectly labelled so it may be no fault of theirs if it is wired the wrong way

Thanks. But isn’t there like a wire color code to know what goes where?
It’s been a while so I don’t remember how the wires that came with it look like. But It sounds like there should be 3 wires. One negative, one accessory and one permanent. Aren’t they color coded ?

So..... what could be the correct way?

We assume that the shop found a suitable fuse for 'constant power' and another for 'power only when ignition is on'. If the cables on the wiring kits are mislabelled, all you have to do is to switch the 2 cables.

Here is a video of hardwiring to a fuse box. It's using power magic pro but the installation is the same.

Something you'll need to test to determine, some are correct, some are not, it's only two wires so it's not difficult to work out

3 wires is t it? The 2 different power wires and a ground wire isn’t there?

Yes. All I’m asking is ... the hardwiring kit wire.. has 2 or 3 wires to work with? I’m thinking 3. One for the grounding , one for the constant and one for the accessory . Correct?

Back