Has anyone else had trouble getting the 3M adhesive cover to pull off properly when installing the mount to the windshield?

Andy555

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
A129 Duo
I can't get it the cover to peel off without the whole adhesive pad pulling off the mount as well. Any trick to doing this properly?

Reactions: M83
Update: I just tried this knife method and it worked quite well.

Last edited:
I can't get it the cover to peel off without the whole adhesive pad pulling off the mount as well. Any trick to doing this properly?
you have to pull the mount off sloooooowly.
smile3.gif

The 3M pads with the A129 do seem to be much more tricky to peel the red cover off then the ones for the A119 series cameras. Just takes patience I think. Tweezers with a good tip works well too.

you have to pull the mount off sloooooowly.
smile3.gif
To clarify, it was just getting a corner to start to peel was my problem. I couldn't get the corner of the cover to separate without the corner of the adhesive pulling off as well. Luckily after doing the knife trick in that video, it peeled easily.

That is funny, I had the same problem and I ended up cutting my finger from the frustration. Taking the backing off the adhesive was the single hardest part of my installation. lol

you can stick a small piece of transparent armor film, stick a 3M mount on it, it will be easy to remove the film.

from the dawn of time, mankind has been fighting with the task of peeling 3M adhesives. :troll:

Back