Has anyone laid their hands on a "70mai Dash Cam Pro" yet?

Wow looks interesting

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I read up upon it by chance a few days ago, but i have not heard of anyone handling one.

I'd like to see a design with actually just the lens visible below the dotted frit. See it on of the new Mini models but the execution leaves a lot to be desired.

Imagine this model and the Thinkware models like below

70.jpg

The module housing or a separate lens housing can go up/down and left/right.

Last edited:
Your idea is more than 4 years old:

enjoy,
Mtz

Yeah the idea is there, not the execution, can be done in a much cleaner and understated manner, doesn't need to be as big either.

If you can wait, the upcoming SG dual remote cam will probably have the smallest visible footprint for a front cam, along with the rest being to good and modern standards. Or you might make a custom housing and use an old Möbius with the lens remoting cable. IMHO almost nobody will notice a small dashcam from the outside since nowadays almost all cars have sensor arrays and such mounted in that area, so the cam just blends in with the rest.

Phil

I agree, helps if the interior plastics are black. Mobius with a helmet-mount mounted higher up on the dotted area is almost invisible from the front. In comparison the current wedge shaped cams are clearly visible from the outside if the windshield isn't picking up any reflections, both day and night.

I hope the dual remote features even smaller cameras than the rear cameras from the dual-channel, going to be looking at one of those for a side install.

Should the money become available, I want the DR for my rear side cams as other than Möbius, SG is the only brand I'd trust to always function correctly no matter what. That will be important critical as access there will not be easy. I'm certain @jokiin knows the value of making the cam modules as small as possible.

All-black 'wedge' cams don't stand out a lot, but being right at the windshield they are more visible than a small all-black cam mounted further away. I consider them reasonably stealthy. Mostly it is the lens which gives the game away, but there is no getting around that as any cam must have a lens. I'm noticing more dashcams than ever here, but were I not looking for them I'd never see them most of the time. And luckily they are yet to become a target for theft like GPS units are.

@adimw I hope you are following g along here if only to see the other possible choices. There is a good cam for everyone but none is ever perfect. Knowing the real value of your compromises is what gets you that best cam.

Phil

Do we know the frames per seconde on the resolutions?

I just ordered one at Banggood. 56 euro. We'll see how it performs. I also have a Mini 0807 but the low resolution is not making me happy.

Not too much details on it yet; at least the international/english version. It is said to go on pre-order on Indiegogo later this month (September) for $69.99

Hi all

that's also my first post here. I bought this camera 2 weeks ago. But unfortunately I have a Chinese version.

My feelings. It look really good, the videos are good (comparing to Yi camera which I was using previously).
But I am struggling with connecting it with app. I tried English version and Chinese version. Phone is connected with dashcam Wi-Fi but either app can't see that connection so I need to move memory card to my laptop to see videos.

I hope sooner or later there will be manual to flash English firmware to it (like I found it for the previous version of this camera).

720p Video

There is also option for 1080 I will use it next time I drive (maybe next week). If you have any suggestions or questions feel free

1080p? There are higher resolutions too right? They advertise with 1944p.

And you definitely have the Pro version from the first post, right?

yes definitely. I don't know why they advertise it as 2592*1944 everywhere. Maybe there will be firmware update soon. But as for now it is only 1280x720 and 1920x1080

70mai pro.jpg

yes definitely. I don't know why they advertise it as 2592*1944 everywhere. Maybe there will be firmware update soon. But as for now it is only 1280x720 and 1920x1080

View attachment 41955
Ow that is really weird. How about the other functions? Ever noticed something of the de-fog etc?

Thank you for the photo

Ow that is really weird. How about the other functions? Ever noticed something of the de-fog etc?

Thank you for the photo

when i go to setting (all in chinese):
1. Wifi information
2. Collision sensitivity (high, low, off)
3. Formatting SD card
4. System time
5. Screen off time
6. Advance settings
- Turn on or off wifi
- video coding (h.264 or h.265
- resolution (1280x720 and 1920x1080 )
- button sound volume
- dash cam turn on sound
- parking monitor (on/off, sensitivity, entering parking monitor time)
- time lapse? (not even sure how to turn it on)
- ADAS (need gps module to turn it on - I don't have it)
- e-dog? radar detector? (also need gps module)
7. System update
8. Factory reset
9. About (1.0.1 version of software)

Back