Has anyone laid their hands on a "70mai Dash Cam Pro" yet?

I made an account just for this to give a more detailed explanation on how to update your firmware to English (from Chinese). All credits go to Rekysam as he was the original poster of this information. I merely give more explanation.

1. Set up the camera if this is not done yet, this is basically done by just passing the basic settings by pressing the far most right button
2. You format your sd card to exFAT.
3. Insert the sdcard in the camera, let the camera format it by pressing the right button when it asks to format it.
4. Now extract the folder called "update" out of the rar folder that Rekysam provided. Put this folder in the root of the sd card.
5. Now its time to update. Be sure to confirm that the camera is turned off at this point. This can be done by holding the big button on the below.
6. After the camera is off. Insert the sd card. The camera should remain off.
7. Now hold the most right button. While holding the last-mentioned button, press on the big button below and hold it as well.
8. Release both buttons once you that the update is being installed. If a red cross appears, the update has failed and it is most likely that the update folder in the sd card has been deleted. Repeat again from step 4.

If it updated successfully, you can restart the camera and the text will appear in English.

70mai dash cam Pro with GPS
Is anyone getting any GPS data at all on the screen or on the recordings?

70mai dash cam Pro with GPS
Is anyone getting any GPS data at all on the screen or on the recordings?
No, and unfortunately it does not put gps info to the recorded video file also.
It uses gps only for ADAS warning, and to check if car is parking or not (if usb power is not switched with ignition).

No, and unfortunately it does not put gps info to the recorded video file also.
It uses gps only for ADAS warning, and to check if car is parking or not (if usb power is not switched with ignition).
exactly, personally I'd prefer get GPS reading instead of ADAS tbh

A GPS dash cam without GPS data is NOT a GPS dash cam, misrepresentation bordering on illegal.

don't see any legality issues, it still needs GPS to support those functions, just doesn't have the rest of the functions that people might like

I think the vast majority buying a GPS enabled dashcam would expect to be able to access the GPS data. Dont think I have ever heard of another GPS enabled dashcam where you can't. Such a waste of functionality. I was in on the crowdfunding stage of this and it is a big disappointment to many. The ADAS function that the GPS does support is pretty much a gimmick.

ADAS in all aftermarket products is a gimmick, none of them work reliably enough to rely on so I wouldn't feel too surprised at that, as to what GPS should do I think it's a case of understanding (or not) what a product does, there's still plenty of people that comment here and elsewhere when looking for a camera that say they don't need GPS as they already have built in navigation, having a GPS doesn't automatically mean all functions will be there, bought a Kenwood head unit for my car which has GPS, the sole function of the GPS is to set the clock, does nothing else at all

Yep ADAS is a gimmick that doesn`t work very well but having had other GPS dash cams in the past, all of which had GPS data on the screen or/and in the recorded video along with speed warnings etc, I fully expected to have that as a minimum. having questioned the makers myself about this I was told that it may be possible in a future firmware update. I`m guessing here but I would imagine that 80% of buyers spending the extra for a GPS enabled device would expect those basic functions I have stated. I do like the dashcam, the video quality is pretty good for a first release and audio commands are useful, maybe a bit gimmicky but still usefull. I am not even sure whether this dashcam has automatic time syncing with the GPS, I dont think it does but would be happy if corrected.

if it has a GPS then there are certainly more possibilities that are only a firmware update away, they would have been far more useful than ADAS also

[QUOTE = "jokiin, post: 450290, membro: 469"] if it has a GPS then there are certainly more possibilities that are only a firmware update away, they would have been far more useful than ADAS also [/ QUOTE]

True, I am very disappointed by this dashcam, excellent but caring build quality of basic functions.

I have to agree on the GPS comments. The reason I upgraded to the pro from the original 70 mai was the GPS functionality.

The whole point of GPS on a dashcam is to be able to display speed and location information. Very disappointed that it isn't there and feel like it's false advertising.

Well, they didnt advertise it as a typical GPS dashcam mate and there was no mentioned speed and position data so don't think that it was false advertising

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

received unit

Video quality is improved significantly. however a few issues due that may require firmware update.
  1. Screen does not switch off
  2. Does not response to voice commands (take photo, sound record on/off, wifi on /off).

Finally got mine, English version, the bottom button toggles the screen fine for me, voice commands only work without background noise; take a photo, haven't tried the others.

exactly, personally I'd prefer get GPS reading instead of ADAS tbh

Can't be too difficult to introduce through a firmware release or we do it ourselves via SSH access if available. They're embedding the logo in the footage so some of the work is already done.

Hope they'll at some stage, it would make it top budget dashcam on the market

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Save a few bucks and skip the GPS module. The camera itself gives excellent videos at a great price but ADAS functionality is inconsistent at best. If the lane departure warning was consistent, I would like it, but it often comes too late to be of use (when it comes, at all). Sometimes, it will come as each side of the car crosses the same line (a double warning). I do like the Vehicle Movement Ahead Detected warning, but again, inconsistent. I even got a movement warning while parked facing my garage, once. The most annoying thing about having the GPS module is that my phone's WiFi automatically connects to it, putting all of my apps into an offline status because they are trying to access the internet through it. For instance, Spotify and mapping apps won't work until I turn off my phone's WiFi.

Last edited:
Many Thanks to the dude who posted of the English Firmware, mine arrived from banggod in Russian language and i am Spanish. Thanks a lot¡¡¡¡:love:

Back