Has anyone purchased from joovuu recently?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok so I already have a möbius camera, last week I purchased another two for my mum and dads car. I received them this week, set one camera up in the car and tested it.

I then connected them to the computer and my computer wouldn't read the files. The memory card is not corrupt, it is a Kingston 32gb memory card, it was formatted correctly.

Long story short, I found the cameras and memory cards work perfectly, however the small usb cables for both cameras don't seem to work. They don't seem to be transferring the information, and if they do it's very very slow. When I use a different usb cable from my first möbius it works fine.

Has anyone who has purchased a möbius recently had this problem with the small usb cable?

I'm not sure if this is
Joovuu buying cheaper cables or möbius?

Joovuu haven't got back to me yet on this subject and I was going to recommend these cameras to friends who I know would purchase them, but I'm not going to if the wires are cheap and do not work.

Hi @Insignia_elite
Just got your PM now - cables are supplied by Mobius. 3/4M cables are charging only but it seems your data cables are not working. I'll get this chased up with you now.

Dan

Hi, yeah the problem is the date cables, but the actual cameras are fine.

Thanks for help

Did you happen to update the Mobius firmware, I think 2.41? I never had trouble viewing files directly from my first Mobius. After I got my second Mobius I updated the firmware, which is newer firmware than what's on the first, and my files wouldn't play. At first they wouldn't even record, I had to keep going back and formatting the new Kingston 23GB card. Once it did record, videos played sometimes for a few seconds, then would stop, or wouldn't play at all.

I updated the firmware on the first Mobius and it too then had the same playback problems. I haven't done extensive testing, but my first thought was the firmware.

A good reason not to upgrade to v2.41 is that the mobius will no longer lock a file. I have downgraded to v2.37.

I haven't yet had any problems with 2.41 yet, I will keep my eye on that to see if it gives me playback problems :D

Can you try locking a file and report if it worked? Thanks

I forgot to do this while out earlier this AM, but I'll give it a go this afternoon. I should have tried it after my "oops, sorry." moment.

Back